• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Ok so you like MIL spec style triggers.... I get it. But saying I can't service or field strip my AR with a drop in at the range with the tools I bring :roflfunny:
    Sigh...

On an AR, no matter what, if you remove the trigger group, that is getting into detail stripping.

In order to clear the failure i posted a pic of, you have to field strip the gun to get out the firing pin

If it were a cassette style trigger, you have to detail strip the gun, by removing at least 2 screws and removing the FCG. That is getting into detail stripping.

Please go back and re-read what i wrote, i never said you couldn't strip your AR, but you will have trouble servicing your trigger since many are not user-serviceable.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Not all 4 screws need to be removed. Only 1 screw on each pin, then, push them out from one side.
    Read my guy, read. The standard AR15 style FCG has zero screws. Anti walk pins have 4. Thus you are adding 4 screws. I didn't say anything about hom many you need to remove in that reply.

There's no point in keeping this going if this is how you're going to keep on.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Sigh...

On an AR, no matter what, if you remove the trigger group, that is getting into detail stripping.

In order to clear the failure i posted a pic of, you have to field strip the gun to get out the firing pin

If it were a cassette style trigger, you have to detail strip the gun, by removing at least 2 screws and removing the FCG. That is getting into detail stripping.

Please go back and re-read what i wrote, i never said you couldn't strip your AR, but you will have trouble servicing your trigger since many are not user-serviceable.

I read what you typed... seems your making it into more than it is.

It's not a battle rifle & either trigger you need to split the upper from the lower & pins still need to be removed.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I read what you typed... seems your making it into more than it is.

It's not a battle rifle & either trigger you need to split the upper from the lower & pins still need to be removed.
    The OP has yet to tell us what he plans on using it for, he said it's his first. I'll consider that a clue.

On a standard AR trigger, you usually have enough room to use the firing pin to get the primer out.

If its totally stuck, like right behind the shoe, you just need to remove the hammer pin, and work the trigger to get the primer free.

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Drop in triggers should only be used if your lower has off axis pin holes.

Lest you have this happen View attachment 351701

And not be able to fix it if you don't have the right tools to remove the anti walk pins.

A standard style trigger can be fixed with nothing more than a firing pin

You talking about a detailed stripping but, your way, you have to pull the BCB apart to use a firing pin like a pry bar.
    That sounds like a detailed stripping to me once you have the BCG pulled apart, then the chance of loosing the carter pin that holds the BCG together.

You do you brother.
    You usually have some good info & a lot of guys look up to you for gun info like my boy @Sam7sf . But your really not making much sense talking about a detailed stripping by removing the FCG in the same sentence as saying pull apart your BCG. Sure sounds like a detailed stripping to me once the BCG is pulled apart.

Last edited:

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    You talking about a detailed stripping but, your way, you have to pull the BCB apart to use a firing pin to remove MIL spec pins.
    That sounds like a detailed stripping to me once you have the BCG pulled apart, then the chance of loosing the carter pin that holds the BCG together.

You do you brother.
    You usually have some good info & a lot of guys look up to you for gun info like my boy @Sam7sf . But your really not making much sense talking about a detailed stripping by removing the FCG in the same sentence as saying pull apart your BCG. Sure sounds like a detailed stripping to me.
    Taking apart the BCG is part of the field strip process.

2-687.jpg

Next?

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Why do I need to pull apart my BCG when the trigger is the issue. Just carry a Allen wrench in your tools you take to the range if you have a drop in.... problem solved.

ETA ... I little Allen wrench would replace using a firing pin as a pry bar digging a primer out. Not to mention the chance of messing up my firing pin.

By your logic a mechanic would pull an engine to change spark plugs.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Why do I need to pull apart my BCG when the trigger is the issue. Just carry a Allen wrench in your tools you take to the range if you have a drop in.... problem solved.

By your logic a mechanic would pull an engine to change spark plugs.
    Because of what i said...

In oder to clear the failure i posted a pic of, you have to field strip the gun to get out the firing pin

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    There are other ways than using a firing pin.... a little Allen wrench makes a good pry tool as well. Your way ain't the only way.... think outside that little box you painted.
    Yet my point is that with a standard ar trigger, the tool is already there, in the rifle. It's always there. No matter where you are or where your tools are.

It's not my way, it's Eugene Stoner's way. It James Sullivan's way. It's Melvin Johnson's way.

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Yet my point is that with a standard ar trigger, the tool is already there, in the rifle. It's always there. No matter where you are or where your tools are.

It's not my way, it's Eugene Stoner's way. It James Sullivan's way. It's Melvin Johnson's way.

WE'RE NOT IN A BATTLEFIELD !!!!!!

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Ok. Again, didn't say we were.

Every reply you've made implies a battle field scenario with no tools.... I agreed with you for the simplicity of a MIL spec trigger vs drop in. Your making it seem the only trigger is a MIL spec for a AR platform & anything else is not of Eugene Stoners design & therfore is no other option.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Every reply you've made implies a battle field scenario with no tools.... I agreed with you for the simplicity of a MIL spec trigger vs drop in. Your making it seem the only trigger is a MIL spec for a AR platform & anything else is not of Eugene Stoners design & therfore is no other option.
    You are reading far too deeply into what i write. Battlefield or not, there are plenty of situations where you might not have the tools handy.

I am not making it seem like anything, that is all you, with all the imagined implications, misreadings, and misaccusations. You've gone to the point of arguing over what is and isnt field stripping.

I said why something was done the way it was, and how it was intended to be used, and all we have to go one is a 20 word post by the OP.

OP is building his first AR. There is no reason to get a cassette style trigger. Can we be done with this?

Reactions: gll

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Sigh...

But there is one unit that pops out.

No springs flying, not lost parts.

I'm VERY happy with my CMC style trigger and use it for run-and-guns where reliability is important because the gun is in the dirt, may go under water etc. Never an issue with it.

To each their own.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I said why something was done the way it was, and how it was intended to be used,

The AR design is based on the design of a M16 battle rifle correct? The only difference is the 3rd pin & disconnector

We ain't in battle so what difference does it make what trigger I use as a recreational tool

Last edited:
    Top Bottom