• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    I can't even count how many times I've had to post about this rifle. It's been the bane of my existence for this past year. I've had numerous malfunctions and even took it back to the factory and got a new BCG. It's a Radical Firearms, say what you will about the company (I'll probably agree at this point).
    Like I said, it is jamming after 2 or 3 rounds. Stovepiping/double-feeding to be exact. I've tried different mags and ammo, even got a new BCG from the company. I've tried different lowers. It's ejecting the shells to the 1:00 area.
    I'm willing to try anything before I go barking up their customer service tree again. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    If ejecting to 1 pm, that's over-gassed. But I'd start by checking the the ejector, extractor and springs for both. If the extractor has donut around the spring, see how it runs without the donut. For the over-gassed issue, consider a heavy buffer, heavier spring, M16 bolt carrier or an adjustable gas block.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    If ejecting to 1 pm, that's over-gassed. But I'd start by checking the the ejector, extractor and springs for both. If the extractor has donut around the spring, see how it runs without the donut. For the over-gassed issue, consider a heavy buffer, heavier spring, M16 bolt carrier or an adjustable gas block.

It uses an m16 BCG if that matters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    From what you have said I would agree it's a gas issue. I would beef up the spring and buffer. I had a similar issue. My issue was after about 10 rounds the bcg wouldn't travel all the way back and instead would jam on top of the next round and partially push the round up. For me it just didn't like the type of ammo. I believe I mixed in some subsonic with my regular target ammo and not enough umph from the round to cycle correctly.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    It could also be an issue with the ejector as stated previously. From my experience those would be my first two areas to check. And I second what ixlr8 said about snap caps. If all else fells take it to a gun smith and let them look it over.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Bad ejector pin or spring. Bad extractor or spring. Bad magazine. BCG over travel. Just a few things to check. Since you've switched BCGs and tried different mags and ammo, kinda rules those out.

So, pull and hold the charging handle all the way to rear. Does the front of the bolt go past the back of the ejector port?

Last edited:

shooter60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Breckenridge Tx.
    I was having the same problem and my gas block was not lined up properly with the hole in the barrel got it lined up and cleaned out and it works great now

Top Bottom