• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SO758

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Central TX
    I received mine two days ago and have been shooting the hell out of my AR.
    Buddy of mine I work with shot mine today and promptly went home and ordered himself one!

One hell of a good time, if you don't own one, I highly recommend one!
    Hurley's Gold

SO758

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Central TX
    I only have the cheapy ten round mag that came with the kit. I have ordered 3 blackdog 26 round mags & I'm waiting for them to come in.
    So far about 300 rounds down range and no malfunctions!

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I love mine too. I have been told that they can be a little finicky about mags. If you have trouble with feeding from those mags, try Brownell's (which may be the blackdog, I don't know). I haven't had any problems with mine. It's great to go out & just shoot the heck out of it for $5.

WillieD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Lewisville, TX
    I received my Spikes Tactical .22 conversion kit the other day and brought it out to the range for the first time today. It came with 1 BlackDog 27 round magazine and I bought 2 more to go with it. I had a few random FTE's, but as a whole it ran great. Sooting 500 rounds out of my AR while spending less than $15 in ammo is a great feeling, and based off of that the kit already paid for itself today. I really need to get a nice .22 pistol to add to the collection now.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Have had my Ceiner kit a long time, shot way over 1,000 rounds of .22LR through my AR, one thing I have learned........Federal .22LRs function pretty flawlessly. Remington does not...... About 1 in 10 Remingtons FTF !!! I have loaded these FTF duds into my .22 pistol and they failed to fire there, also.

Another thing, the Federals cost me a hair over $15 for 500, I got hooked $22 for the %$%% Remingtons.... I"ll remember next time.

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    I would prefer a dedicated .22LR upper, but I didn't know anything about them when I bought the conversion. However, I am adverse to spending $400-500 for a .22 upper.

I had the same reservations, but once I realized it would probably be the most used gun I own, it was easy. First time I took my Spike's to the range I put 1100rds of Federal bulk plus assorted CCI and wins. Saved about $400 in ammo costs on one range trip while shooting the same platform. Don't regret it at all.

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I bought a Ciener conversion kit for my Bushmaster AR 15 M4 earlier this week. I put about 400 rounds of the cheap Federal "550 round per box" .22 lr through it today at lunch (I have a two hour lunch ). It worked flawlessly! Not one missfire or failure to feed. I was shooting off-hand in an indoor range at 15 yards and am pleased with the accuracy. I consider the kit money well spent!! What a load of fun!!!!!!

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    I had the same reservations, but once I realized it would probably be the most used gun I own, it was easy. First time I took my Spike's to the range I put 1100rds of Federal bulk plus assorted CCI and wins. Saved about $400 in ammo costs on one range trip while shooting the same platform. Don't regret it at all.

+1 on the dedicated upper. Though I decided to go the Velocity Firearms route....because I had not heard of the Spikes upper at that time. I have been completely satisfied with the Velocity upper. It is target rifle accurate and has been flawless in operation. I have yet to find any ammo it will not eat and spit out the muzzle. 750 rounds of pure, inexpensive fun. In the fall there will definately be some bushy tail and cotton tail reduction going on in Lavaca county.

tex45acp

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    A thought about conversions

Have had a Ceiner unit in my Bushmaster M4A3 (Semi) for about a year abd a half, probably fired 1500 .22LRs through it. Good Black Dog magazines. I have not had satisfactory results and many, many FTFs with Remington ammo. On the other hand Federal ammo just shoots fine and seldom a problem, am sure CCI wouls be great also.

Broke a firing pin in the Ceiner recently and found a replacement at Blackdog Machine very reasonably which I replaces in the bolt myself. If I ever bought another .22LR conversion unit it would be a Spikes or someone elses as I tried to get onling to Ceiner to order the part and had no luck.

Wish there was a conversion kit for Galil/Golanis...........

SO758

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Central TX
    I would love to have a dedicated upper buy I have been very happy with my conversion. I have learned that it doesn't like to be shot while dry!

Top Bottom