• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MyT.Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2022
    GA
    Looking for AR-7 modifications, barrel and stock. But especially the stock. Would love to what you did, and how.
    Capitol Armory ad

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    I keep the factory stock on my AR-7. The butt cap gets a bit of dielectric grease to maintain a water and dust proof seal The gun is meticulously clean and gently oiled and stowed in the stock.. My experience with my Charter Arms AR-7 is that it is best CLEAN!
    Stowed with it stored it always works when needed, And always clean it when done using it.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Here's mine. I got rid of the large stock for a collapsible one, so the storage it provides is gone; but I can break it down and keep the main components in any backpack...

AR-7 (7).JPG

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    A little history...

ArmaLite produced the AR-7 from 1959-1973, at which point Charter Arms purchased the rights and took over AR-7 manufacturing from 1973-1990. The 90’s are when the problems started for our little handy AR-7, as it was kicked around from manufacturer to manufacturer. Most consider the Charter Arms ownership of the AR-7 brand the beginning of the dark period. It was never an expensive or exceptionally reliable rifle, but it went from good quality at Armalite to cheaper manufacturing at Charter Arms and was riddled with reliability and quality issues.

To say Charter Arms damaged the AR-7 reputation was an understatement. The 1990-1997 Survival Arms ownership neither restored or improved the reputation or the quality of the AR-7. Survival Arms did attempt to focus on just the quintessential AR-7 rifle and nixed the whole AR-7 pistol idea Charter Arms had launched.

Like the Henry Repeating Arms brand, the AR-7 was rescued by Mr. Anthony Imperato and his family owned firearms business. Henry reworked the design to increase reliability and further update the rifle with today’s manufacturing and high tech materials. The base of the original design still exists, and many older parts are still interchangeable, but the rifle has undergone a fairly significant barrel and stock upgrade under Henry Repeating’s stewardship.

The re-risen Henry Repeating Arms, now famous for the stunning, impeccably high quality Henry rifles everyone lusts after, have tackled the task of resurrecting the original idea and reliability of the inexpensive AR-7 survival rifle.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    My Charter Arms was $49 new at Western Auto, no BS background check. Bought two, gave one to a friend. If I am correct the mags for the Henry are not the same as for the Charter Arms.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I keep the factory stock on my AR-7. The butt cap gets a bit of dielectric grease to maintain a water and dust proof seal The gun is meticulously clean and gently oiled and stowed in the stock.. My experience with my Charter Arms AR-7 is that it is best CLEAN!
    Stowed with it stored it always works when needed, And always clean it when done using it.
    Like the idea of putting grease on the butt stock gasket.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Very easy to convert a cheap stock or scratch build one... I upgraded the sights with Lyman front and an adjustable diopter rear. Never going to be a match .22 but I got all I could from it. Now lives on a friends sailboat with original water proof stock back on it. The finish on these sucked and a re-park or similar finish is a must if kept around salt air.

Top Bottom