• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Im looking at a preassembled bolt and carrier from dpms. My question is it says 223 Remington mil spec. Does that mean I can shoot only 223 or can I shoot 5.56 also?I want to shoot both.

I so far have a black magpul grip and and stock. How would a tan or foliage green look?
    Gun Zone Deals

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    If it's milspec, it's 5.56. I've got a DPMS BCG that's run thousands of M193 with no issues in one of my rifles. My SBR (most used) rig runs a DPMS bolt and I haven't had any issues whatsoever. You should be fine.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Im looking at a preassembled bolt and carrier from dpms. My question is it says 223 Remington mil spec. Does that mean I can shoot only 223 or can I shoot 5.56 also?I want to shoot both.

The bolt face and extractor setup is the exact same between 5.56mm and .223 Rem. ... what dictates what you can shoot through the gun is the chamber specifications within the barrel itself. The bolt face depth is what sets the headspace on the gun, and that's about the only variable you're going to deal with beyond an SP1, LW, or full auto carrier.

I'm a fan of full-auto carriers and H2 buffers, especially in the shorter guns and suppressed guns, and/or big bore ARs.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gillikenobi
    Top Bottom