• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TEXAS_GLOCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    NEAR VICTORIA TEXAS
    Hello everyone. Im new to this forum.i have a question i cant find an answer to. What are the laws in texas about carrying an ar in my truck everyday? Can i get haselled for being stoped with it in my truck if im not on the way to the range? Thanks for any info you can share.
    Capitol Armory ad

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Hello everyone. Im new to this forum.i have a question i cant find an answer to. What are the laws in texas about carrying an ar in my truck everyday? Can i get haselled for being stoped with it in my truck if im not on the way to the range? Thanks for any info you can share.

Texas does not generally restrict the carry of long guns. There are a couple of laws to be aware of.

PENAL CODE TITLE 10. OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC HEALTH, SAFETY, AND MORALS CHAPTER 46. WEAPONS

http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/statutes/docs/PE/content/htm/pe.010.00.000046.00.htm#46.05.00

See (a)(3) 46.01 will give you the definition

PENAL CODE TITLE 9. OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER AND DECENCY CHAPTER 42. DISORDERLY CONDUCT AND RELATED OFFENSES

See (a) 7-9

PENAL CODE CHAPTER 22. ASSAULTIVE OFFENSES

Do you know Texas law regarding the use of force and deadly force?

PENAL CODE CHAPTER 9. JUSTIFICATION EXCLUDING CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY

TEXAS_GLOCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    NEAR VICTORIA TEXAS
    Mine is not am sbr so that part i dont have to worry about. And i understand when i can and cant use force or deadly force, im a chl holder, but if i wanted to carry my ar all the time in my truck just in case or if it was a natural disaster or a shtf situation and i grab my bail out bag and ar and i happened to get stopped by the man....iam within my legal writes...yes?

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Little off-topic, I hold a Tx CHL and I own an AR-15 pistol. I has a virgin POF lower and a 10.5 upper and a custom buffer tube that will not accept a standard stock body.

Technically I *could* conceal carry it - as long as I conceal it.

BUT I can't carry an auto knife in public - go figure.

txinvestigator - your a state apologist - can you justify this discrepancy?

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    No trolling here, txinvestigator has made his views very clear about in regards to firearms related liberty. Based on what he has said on these boards, he supports the BATFE FTB and their non-documented methods of firearm testing.......in secret.......as well as paying for testimony, and now officially declaring that if your semi-automatic rifle fails for any reason - you are guilty of manufacturing/posessing/transferring an unregistered machine gun. This behaviour is incompatible with the liberty our forefathers gave their lives for. Whether the term "state apologist" is taken as derogitory is up to the audience, but based on his actions - it is applicable.

With that being said, txinvestigator does posess a valuable amount of knowledge on Texas law - as asinine as most of the laws are, it certainly is helpful to know them to dodge the legal minefield so to speak. This is where my post goes at least slightly on-topic. The original posted asked about carrying an AR-pattern rifle in his vehicle.

I did pay the state extortion money and asked nicely if I could exercise my enumerated right of carrying a sidearm for personal protection. I also own an AR-pistol, it is legally a pistol and therefor I may carry it concealed. I never do, as this would be very awkward and would require clothing that is incompatible with Texas heat. It does make it convienient to carry a loaded concealed rifle-caliber weapon in my car though.

Now to the legal discrepancy that I hoped txinvestigator could shed some light one. I recently purchased a Boker automatic (switchblade) knife, I know that I cannot carry it in public based on my knowledge on Tx law. BUT, technically I CAN carry an AR-pistol - maybe even with a Beta-C mag if I got creative.........but a 2.5" blade auto knife is verboten..........

Can anyone explain this?

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    No trolling here, txinvestigator has made his views very clear about in regards to firearms related liberty. Based on what he has said on these boards, he supports the BATFE FTB and their non-documented methods of firearm testing.......in secret.......as well as paying for testimony, and now officially declaring that if your semi-automatic rifle fails for any reason - you are guilty of manufacturing/posessing/transferring an unregistered machine gun. This behaviour is incompatible with the liberty our forefathers gave their lives for. Whether the term "state apologist" is taken as derogitory is up to the audience, but based on his actions - it is applicable.

With that being said, txinvestigator does posess a valuable amount of knowledge on Texas law - as asinine as most of the laws are, it certainly is helpful to know them to dodge the legal minefield so to speak. This is where my post goes at least slightly on-topic. The original posted asked about carrying an AR-pattern rifle in his vehicle.

I did pay the state extortion money and asked nicely if I could exercise my enumerated right of carrying a sidearm for personal protection. I also own an AR-pistol, it is legally a pistol and therefor I may carry it concealed. I never do, as this would be very awkward and would require clothing that is incompatible with Texas heat. It does make it convienient to carry a loaded concealed rifle-caliber weapon in my car though.

Now to the legal discrepancy that I hoped txinvestigator could shed some light one. I recently purchased a Boker automatic (switchblade) knife, I know that I cannot carry it in public based on my knowledge on Tx law. BUT, technically I CAN carry an AR-pistol - maybe even with a Beta-C mag if I got creative.........but a 2.5" blade auto knife is verboten..........

Can anyone explain this?

While your points are certainly valid, the term "state apologist" is definitely derogatory. If you are genuinely interesting in an answer, I believe your likelihood of getting one would be greater without such aspersions.

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Look, I don't want to completely hijack this poor guy's thread but I can't let that last comment go.......

I agree that you can't complain AND not do anything. But at the same time - you know as well as I do that you can write all of the letters you want, and NO ONE in the system is going to make an attempt to repeal the NFA, which is in direct contradiction to the 2nd amendment. So, while being proactive is great - let's be real - they don't always listen.....

Second, the "if you don't like it, move" comment is one of the most asinine things I have ever heard come out of someone's mouth. It's like going to a woman's house and telling her - "look, I am going to rape you in an hour, but because I am a nice guy - if you just leave, then you won't be raped. But, I am going to stay here - so don't bother coming back unless you want to be violated". Telling me to leave my home, my property because you want to use violence to bend me to 51% of the majority's will is criminal.

Lastly, I do not want to hear ANYONE say - "I'm just doing my job". That is the lamest excuse for perpetrating unconstitutional or downright evil behaviour I have ever heard. You as a person have a choice to either protect, or damage liberty - which one is it going to be? Alot of German soldiers were "just enforcing the law" in the 30's.........

Back to your regularly scheduled program.......

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    You really can't argue a logical argument with regards to the fact that Congress will never "repeal the NFA", and then turn around and ask someone to explain in depth why they uphold the current laws.

I say so because it's an exercise in ignorance. The LEOs may not agree with the laws, but their job is simply to uphold the laws on the books. They have to weigh their personal moral and dutiful responsibilities every day on the job. They also have a family and their own personal welfare to look after. That is reality. It was a reality that has been permiated in American culture since day 1. In fact, the far majority of the men that fought for this country in the Revolution did so because of a fear of the British. People like Lord Tavington whom would ride into surrendering men, whom would burn houses at a whim, etc. It was a fear to protect one's property and family.

In the end, it's an excuse for not being able to change Congress, or persuade the majority.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Good grief. You're one of those. The BATFE did not what what you allege, and HAD they I certainly would not support them. Your rantings sound like those of a paranoid "radical militia sympathiser" if not that of an actual card carrying member.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom