• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    So handguard and rail or A2 picatinny gas block assembly?

If you get A2 block you'll only have to but the block and the rear sight.

If you get a railed block; then you'll have to get front and rear sights. Plus the block.

Pick your poison

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ChrisX

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    Houston, TX
    If you get A2 block you'll only have to but the block and the rear sight.

If you get a railed block; then you'll have to get front and rear sights. Plus the block.

Pick your poison

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I suppose it's going to cost about the same either way. Damn. I guess the advantage is being able to remove the sight with the railed block.

Thanks to everyone for the help, I appreciate it.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Check with Brownell's, Numrich, or Midway USA. They have things that many of us never thought about.

The AR platform has been around for so long, that if you have a variant with no mods available, it ain't worth hanging on to.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    There are short rail sections that mount to the standard handguards but the gas tube may be in the way. They usually go on the bottom for light or bipod mounts. Worth checking into though.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    So handguard and rail or A2 picatinny gas block assembly?
    Chris,
    when are you planning to fix this problem?
    i would suggest saving a few months, and drooling over thin profile light free float handguards with a rail on top. You should be able to fit rifle length over the gas block.
    The longer the rail, the further you can place your front sight post. The further your front sight, the better the (hypothetical) accuracy. Plus longer handguards give you more property to grip the front of your rifle/area to mount a light further forward.
    Then buy the free float rail of your choice and pick up some flip ups to go with it. It will look better and I think you will enjoy it more.

ChrisX

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Chris,
    when are you planning to fix this problem?
    i would suggest saving a few months, and drooling over thin profile light free float handguards with a rail on top. You should be able to fit rifle length over the gas block.
    The longer the rail, the further you can place your front sight post. The further your front sight, the better the (hypothetical) accuracy. Plus longer handguards give you more property to grip the front of your rifle/area to mount a light further forward.
    Then buy the free float rail of your choice and pick up some flip ups to go with it. It will look better and I think you will enjoy it more.

Yes, I've been exploring all of the options I can find and I think the Troy Alpha Battle rail free float hanguard with MBUS sights is probably the best solution. Either that or try to sell it and buy a better AR. In retrospect, I should have done better homework before I bought it. Live and learn, haha. Thanks for your input.

Top Bottom