• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisX

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    Houston, TX
    So, last year I bought an AR to learn to shoot a rifle. It's a Bushmaster with the basic red dot. Unfortunately there are no sights on the rifle which I didn't even think about when I bought it. I'd like to learn to shoot with sights and just to have them as a back up but now I'm stuck with what to do here. It's a cheap rifle so I don't want to spend a lot of money on it. So... what's the most cost effective way to fix this? I've seen some clamp on sights, any good? I suppose otherwise I'd have to take it to a gunsmith? Anyone have experienced with this? Thanks.

Also, there's no real front rail on this AR so I can't use the MBUS on there. Is there some kind of front rail they sell for this that I can just pop on there and attack the MBUS to it?
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Off hand, W/O seeing the AR, I would say change out the plastic heat shield and replace it with a magpul hand guard...I believe they have one that allows you to mount BUIS

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    So, last year I bought an AR to learn to shoot a rifle. It's a Bushmaster with the basic red dot. Unfortunately there are no sights on the rifle which I didn't even think about when I bought it. I'd like to learn to shoot with sights and just to have them as a back up but now I'm stuck with what to do here. It's a cheap rifle so I don't want to spend a lot of money on it. So... what's the most cost effective way to fix this? I've seen some clamp on sights, any good? I suppose otherwise I'd have to take it to a gunsmith? Anyone have experienced with this? Thanks.

Also, there's no real front rail on this AR so I can't use the MBUS on there. Is there some kind of front rail they sell for this that I can just pop on there and attack the MBUS to it?

Wait... so it's got the round handguards and no front sight base??

Is the gas block just out there in the open?

OnyxATX

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Confused me as well, I thought they all had either the A2 style front, or a rail on top of the gas block. I have never seen a gas block in the open without anything to mount it to at all. (Not to say they don't exist, just haven't run across it personally)

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I have the same rifle. The gas block is flat, and smooth. The hand guards are standard. He will either have to replace block, or change hand guard

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I've never seen a stock one that came that way. It sounds like he has a low profile gas block...but I'm not sure what type of hand guard he's running.

ChrisX

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I'm probably explaining it wrong. Here are some pictures.

051.jpg 053.jpg

Top Bottom