• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I started (trying) to break down the 300blk this evening getting ready for the Grendel next week. Issues...

IMG_0198.JPG
    IMG_0199.JPG
    IMG_0200.JPG
    1-Do I need to order a new barrel nut for my Grendel barrel?
    2-Will my Diamond Head handguard work on any barrel nut?
    3-Can I un-pin my gas block and reuse my current barrel nut? If so, how the hell you get this gas block off?
    4-What's the best way to soften rockset? I remember someone telling me to soak the break in water.

Thank you!
    Military Camp

Attachments

• IMG_0198.JPG
      IMG_0198.JPG
      1.6 MB · Views: 432
    • IMG_0199.JPG
      IMG_0199.JPG
      1.5 MB · Views: 384
    • IMG_0200.JPG
      IMG_0200.JPG
      1.5 MB · Views: 338
    Last edited:

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    1-Do I need to order a new barrel nut for my Grendel barrel?You dont HAVE to but I would if I were you.

2-Will my Diamond Head handguard work on any barrel nut?The way its designed, those flats for the nut are undercut beneath the outer diameter of the handguard mounting area. I would think any barrel nut with a large mounting area, that is the same, would be fine.

3-Can I un-pin my gas block and reuse my current barrel nut? If so, how the hell you get this gas block off?Remove flash hider, tap out pins and slide gasblock off. Lotta effort compared to what a gas block costs ya.

4-What's the best way to soften rockset? I remember someone telling me to soak the break in water.Dont know this one...sorry.

Thank you!

Like others have said and will say, I believe I would just aquire the barrel nut, gas block etc and leave those components mated together.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Water loosens Rockset.

I agree with building a separate complete upper for the Grendel unless you are completely done with that 300.

Go to the manufacturer of the handguard to get another nut and leave that barrel assembly together if nothing else. Parts are cheap.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Water loosens Rockset.

I agree with building a separate complete upper for the Grendel unless you are completely done with that 300.

Go to the manufacturer of the handguard to get another nut and leave that barrel assembly together if nothing else. Parts are cheap.
    Ok... I'll check with Diamond Head.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Water loosens Rockset.

Got one coming. Thanks

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Dont forget when assembling the new barrel to put a little antiseiz around the outer part of the steel barrel, where it slides into the the reciever & threads of the nut...where steel meets aluminum.

Top Bottom