• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    Other than the stripped lower, does the DPMS AR-15 and "AR-10" use the same parts like trigger, pins, springs? Just curious...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Military Camp

PaknSiG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Ft. Worth area
    Bolt catch (usually comes installed with the new lower), both pivot pins and buffer (standard carbine is to long won't let the longer 308 bolt carrier retract far enough).

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    Reason for asking, I'm considering a build and see lots of AR-15 parts; the non standard AR-".308" not so common (or interchangable). This helps.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PaknSiG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Ft. Worth area
    Keep in mind that there is no standard for the AR .308. DPMS LR-308 has theirs and Armalite AR-10 has theirs. DPMS probably has the most parts available so just pick one and go with it.

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    When I put my Aero A5 together I needed their take down and pivot pins and bolt release. A longer mag release is nice also.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    When I looked into it, a couple people told me to make sure the upper, lower and BCG are by the same maker.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Once you step outside of the "MilSpec" AR-15 lower, all bets are off. There are lots of differences between brands of AR10 lowers. The shape of the upper and lower housings may or not be compatible between brands where they meet together.

In AR-15 lowers, the major differences in kits are between the fasteners on the bolt catch . Some have drive in pins. Some have screw in pins.

Other differences include a threaded setscrew on the take down pin detent yes/no and a threaded fastener to hold the selector detent yes/no.

Flash

Last edited:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    When I looked into it, a couple people told me to make sure the upper, lower and BCG are by the same maker.

That's a good rule of thumb. Almost every manufacturer does things their own way. Knights uppers won't fit on Armalite lowers. Some lowers take different magazines than others. The Colt 901 upper, lower, BCG, buffer, and even the pins aren't compatible with any other brand.

Do your research or else you may end up with a pile of parts that won't fit together.

Top Bottom