APOD Firearms

AR lowers in Houston area. Anyone have any??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Yes i have to admit im falling into a little panic buying myself .. what can i say.

ANYWAY I was hoping to find a local houston shop that would have some lowers in stock. If you know of any stores please point me in the right direction.
    Thanks all

ATM
    Venture Surplus ad

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Have you contacted forum sponsor Talon Arms? If they don't have any, they may be able to point you in the right direction.

You could always try to get in on this group buy IT'S HERE AR Lower group buy - 1919a4 forums but they already have over 1,000 ordered and I doubt they can guarantee a delivery date.

No disrespect to Talon Arms but their prices are really high compared to other places. The GSG5 for example is about 35.00 more than i have seen it elsewhere

Lumberjack98

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Katy
    I don't see any lowers for sale on their website. My point was that if you called them, they should either be able to help or point you to someone that may be able to help.

You're about a month too late if your worried about getting the best price on an AR lower that is in stock somewhere.

You will see them online for $80 - $130 and they are all sold out. So I would expect to pay either on the high end of that or more for one that someone actually has in stock. Buds had the double star lower for $119 delivered (doesn't include your ffl fees) up until this past weekend.

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Im good, i can backorder from AIM at a good price but i just didnt want to wait the 2 weeks to get it. I just order it and wait. Thanks though

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Lowers are tough

We have seen our wholesale prices rise to near retail on most semi autos over the last week. We have lowers but only sell them with the complete lower parts kit at this time. You will find our prices for the lower and whichever parts kit you choose will be less than retail.

these last couple weeks have been crazy.

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    We have seen our wholesale prices rise to near retail on most semi autos over the last week. We have lowers but only sell them with the complete lower parts kit at this time. You will find our prices for the lower and whichever parts kit you choose will be less than retail.

these last couple weeks have been crazy.

Great news, 2 questions

1. can people just come by and pick up orders as you are local?
    2. im looking for the CMMG complete lower that AIM has on order for $185.00. do you have something that comes close to that.

Im on a blackberry so its hard to look at your site
    Thank you for your time.
    ATM

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    Talon pricing on lowers is competitive. Once you add in shipping and FFL to your internet order, you'll find that you may as well have given your biz to Talon and kept your $$ in state. I picked up two from them on election day and am pleased with their pricing and service.

I did find one heck of a deal on C Products magazines from an individual on another gun board I frequent. 30 rd mag for $9.75 including shipping, I picked up a few of those.

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Give Rob a ring at the shop since you are on your blackberry today. His number is 713-529-2910.

ya im just im meetings all day so i kill time on the site and others. for some reason your site will not load on my berry.

iratollah its true when you add in the shipping + FFl fees it does get a little higher. i usually only save a few bucks. My big thing is i hate to wait. Ammo is no problem. But when it comes to rifles.. etc.. i want it yesterday

kasTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Have you tried Tomball Pawn? They had Rock River and one other brand in stock as of a couple of weeks ago.

kasTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    I hear what you are saying, but Tomball Pawn has been re-stocking pretty quickly. I talked to RR directly about three weeks ago, and the lady there said there was only a three day wait on stripped lowers.

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    The show this weekend will be a waste of time. With the price of parking and to get in. I seriously doubt there will be any deals unless you looking for anything but a black rifle.
    Sounds like the thrill is already gone after going to only your first Houston gun show.

Top Bottom