• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldGringo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    S.W. Houston Area
    Bad enough that we will have to fight the government for our Second Amendment rights, but it really continues to infuriate me that we will also have to win our arguement in the court of public opinion.

Mexican gangsters buying weapons in Houston | Front page | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Of course not one word about a weapon being stolen, or how the weapon got acrosss the border, just that they were AR's, bought in Houston and wound up in Mexico.
    ARJ Defense ad

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I recently read an article that went into detail about how the drug cartels ship narcotics into the US and then use the money to send weapons back into Mexico. The US is beginning to take more action against the illigal arms trade heading south into Mexico, where they used to focus primarily on the drugs coming into the US.

Maybe this will give the Mexican government some 'incentive' to slow the illegal immigration (some of who carry the drugs) of it's citizens into the US. It may also give them more reason to be more helpful with our LE to curb the drug trafficing......now that they are finally seeing that the money will be used against them and not just contribute to their GDP.

yellowdog762

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have no problem if the right people were buying and smuggling them south. Guns shouldn't be just for drug dealers and Islamic fanaticals.

One of the identifying traits of a free person is that they have the RIGHT and the ABILITY to defend themselves.

Since Mexico has a stupid law prohibiting the law abiding people there from owning guns, of course mostly law breakers are buying them. Mexico has anti gun laws there because the government has been corrupt for more than a century and the people used to have revolutions trying to fix things.

If France had felt Americans shouldn't have firearms and be free of the British, whom the French hated, we may have remained part of the Empire and we'd probably all be castrated just like the Australians and Canadians are now.

Personally I feel the US has no business cracking down on guns being sent somewhere else any more then they do telling people they can't ship out bibles or vote simply because they are in another country.

How is it that we feel free Americans can own guns but not "Other People"? If the Mexicans weren't allowed to pretend to vote, or worship as they saw fit, people all over the world would be going nuts. Yeah, most of the guns now going to Mexico end up in the hands of scum, few of whom have been convicted in our courts though. But some otherwise law abiding people in Mexico do illegally own firearms for protection. Let's just increase the ratio, substantially.

I say flood Mexico with illegal guns, maybe the people can finally get an honest government in place, and they can darn well shoot any of the bad guys that give them trouble since they can't count on the police there. We should start with a policy that we will furnish, to a Mexican civilian of our choice, one M-16 and ammo for each illegal person they let cross the Southern Border. One way or the other the border problem would be corrected. Of course I also favor a quick and severe response if any guns are pointed back our way. Bill Jordan and his crew knew how to solve that problem though.

Instead of sending financial aid to all these third world counties that their leaders just siphon off, why don't we start arming the Kurds, Sudanese Christians, Mexican and Phillipino civilians and Iraqi Christians with some serious hardware and then let them handle their own problems? Could things really get any worse for those people?

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Some of you guys continue to crack me up!

If you'd care to read the article, it's not an editorial. Left, right or whacko, it's an account of events and facts. I'm not sure I see any spin to either side so I'm perplexed how the paper can be a POS based on this article. Maybe it was just a random comment?

But I'm still amused about the idea that the US needs to arm other countries.... :patriot:

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Plentiful shops, border proximity make the city the go-to market for drug cartels

Since when is Houston in proximity to the border? Sure, they are close to the ocean, but they are 300 miles from the border of Mexico.

300 MILES!!

There are buttloads of other cities much closer than Houston.

yellowdog762

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >>>But I'm still amused about the idea that the US needs to arm other countries....<<<

Hey, I am for arming all law abiding civilians everywhere. The more the merrier! Governments, after disease, are the number one killer of humans.

Glad you saw the humor that was intended. One never knows when posting those late night posts! :)

pxranger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    The Republic of Texas
    If there was a revolution in Mexico there would be a mass exodus to the US, which would make the current flood seem like a dripping faucet. Civil wars always put an economy in the crapper and instability next to the US would be a huge security risk. Yeah, I know, their government sucks, but it's stable and America needs to worry about itself first and other countries last.

I see why Houston would be a good place to get weapons, for many reasons. It's 5-6 hours from border "blind spots" and is the best armed largest city. New York and Chicago are too far. Los Angeles is closer, but guns are harder to buy and the hardware isn't as good. Phoenix is probably a large source as well, but the city isn't as large as Houston.

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    If there was a revolution in Mexico there would be a mass exodus to the US, which would make the current flood seem like a dripping faucet. Civil wars always put an economy in the crapper and instability next to the US would be a huge security risk. Yeah, I know, their government sucks, but it's stable and America needs to worry about itself first and other countries last.

I see why Houston would be a good place to get weapons, for many reasons. It's 5-6 hours from border "blind spots" and is the best armed largest city. New York and Chicago are too far. Los Angeles is closer, but guns are harder to buy and the hardware isn't as good. Phoenix is probably a large source as well, but the city isn't as large as Houston.

Bingo!

It must suck to be a citizen of Mexico right now not being able to legally own a firearm and protect yourself against threats.

pxranger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    The Republic of Texas
    It must suck to be a citizen of Mexico right now not being able to legally own a firearm and protect yourself against threats.

One thing that I wonder is whether Mexican citizens care about owning guns. I mean, almost every country in the world believes that more guns will only add to the problem (even in the good guy's hands). Maybe they're beyond help?

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    One thing that I wonder is whether Mexican citizens care about owning guns. I mean, almost every country in the world believes that more guns will only add to the problem (even in the good guy's hands). Maybe they're beyond help?

I know they do because my uncle is a legit law obeying citizen that travels between his home in Chihuahua City and Juarez Mexico.

He owns (illegally) a 2 1911s (one for each of the mechanic shops he owns in Juarez) and he has 2 wheel guns at home in .357 although I think one may be a .38.

He says he wishes it was not illegal but if it comes down to protecting his life or his family's he will use it and try to bribe himself out of the consequences. (Its all he can do)

My grandfather owns a gun in Chihuahua City (Illegal as well) So I do think they care but they have to make a conscious choice.

I am so glad I don't live in Mexico...:patriot:

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Onac255, you realize this is a public forum and you have just indicated a family member may have their equivalent to a felony possession of a firearm? I am sure you meant no harm, but I would edit my post. The chances of this causing legal harm to them may be small, but it is quite present.....the internet is worldwide, including Mexico.

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Bad enough that we will have to fight the government for our Second Amendment rights, but it really continues to infuriate me that we will also have to win our arguement in the court of public opinion.

Mexican gangsters buying weapons in Houston | Front page | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Of course not one word about a weapon being stolen, or how the weapon got acrosss the border, just that they were AR's, bought in Houston and wound up in Mexico.

All of the firearms that I spent many years buying in Houston all probably went to Mexico, thanks to the invading criminal aliens that moved in across the street before all my firearms moved out while I was at work.

The Mexican Bandits showed me the error of my ways. Now everything is well secured in a solid gun safe, and in high capacity semi auto, as I believe we will have to defend Texas once again from our traditional historical threat- Mexico!

To date, Texas has been invaded by criminal aliens many times, and every time the criminal aliens have come from Mexico; I think that I see a pattern here.

Top Bottom