• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I'm looking at putting a scope on my AR. I'm debating between use uring a riser, like this

Yankee Hill Machine Extended Picatinny-Style Riser Mount 6" AR-15 Flattop Matte - MidwayUSA

Or using a mount system like this

Burris AR-P.E.P.R. 1-Piece Extended Scope Mount Picatinny-Style with Integral 1" Rings Flattop AR-15 Matte - MidwayUSA

Seeing that I only have one good scope,( a Nikon buckmaster 3x9x40), I'll probably be switching it between my AR and my deer rifle as needed. . . . at least untill I either get a good red dot for the AR, or alow power scope (thinking redfield).

I plan on getting a "target" upper at some point, so I really don't consider this to be a "wasted" expense.

Thoughts, I ideas.

Thanks.
    Texas SOT

Waterguy

Jul 9, 2010
    Baytown
    Back when I had one,I used one like this. It raised it 3/4" and I was able to add a laser on the side.

opplanet-leapers-deluxe-see-thru-riser-with-picatinny-tri-rail-mount-and-stanag-dimension-mnt.jpg

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I would pick the Burris all day long. It will last you a lifetime!

Having it as one piece would make it easier to move. But I doubt you would be able to swap between 2 weapons without re-zeroing.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I prefer offset one piece mounts like the P.E.P.R. instead of the extension/risers. Less screws to potentially come loose.

c_m_shooter

Oct 6, 2009
    Paradise
    I have that Yankee Hill riser on my AR and like it. I have a 4-12x Leupold scope and a red dot with lever lock rings. I can switch between them in seconds.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Ahh!, I ordered the riser with a torque wrench a couple days ago (I'm supprised I haven't gotten it in the male yet. . . Midway is slipping)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom