• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    These seem to be more popular with more models coming on line. Even saw an AK variant advertised recently. What are some of the better consumer priced models? I'm thinking a rifled slug gun would be fun.

Anyone here have one they like or reccommend?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    I have shot several of the Saiga-12s and VEPR-12s (AK style) and they are neat enough, but AK's aren't my thing. Only seen the AR-12s on the net.

Is it the just detachable magazine that you're looking for or the AR "feel"?

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    All the AR styled ones are pretty terrible, as they are usually just a normal semi auto mag fed shotgun mocked up to look like an ar.

None actually replicate the AR's charging handle, field stripping is different...

My issue is that they seem to have insanely long LOP.

They don't feel like AR's

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    I own an RIA VR60:

35258_1.jpg

In my opinion, it shoots pretty good and runs through all types of shells from standard 8-Shot all the way up to 00-Buckshot. It is a little on the heavy side compared to a standard AR 15, but that is ok because it is NOT a AR 15 and in no way can you ever compare the two.

This gun is a GTFO of Dodge shotgun and can put down a lot of lead very quickly if loaded with the proper loads and extended magazines. It is not a target gun, however; it will render anything and everything to shreds within 20 yards. I am so glad that thus far the dummies that start mass shootings have not found out about this firearm, or any other like it. They are completely devastating to anyone in front of the business end of the barrel.

Attachments

• 35258_1.jpg
      35258_1.jpg
      8.6 KB · Views: 319

Aimtrue531

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Cedar Park, TX
    For the price you can't go wrong with the VR80 IMO. Sure there are a few issues, like the heat around the hand guard, but that can be solved with a glove or heat wrap.

Top Bottom