AR15 Billet Lowers$$

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by a44mag4dave, Nov 9, 2009.

1. a44mag4dave

a44mag4dave Member

Hey everyone, I was looking around for my new build and I found these billet lowers CHEAP.. Does anybody have any experience (good/bad) with them?

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=866338

2. Jason

Jason Well-Known

Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I wonder if it would be better than the RRA I have waiting for my build?

3. PopsXD9sc

PopsXD9sc Active Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Then there's always the $89 lower from Spike's Tactical; sale has been going on for a while. These get really good reviews on arfcom.

4. AusTex

AusTex Active Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    i have 3 spikes and enjoy them. You need to crimp up your pins though on your lower parts kit and the fit is incredibly tight. Or you can try a little grease to get them in. Never had anyone of them walk out on me.

I actually might order one of these lowers and do a review. Cause yeah that is a heck of a price and I have a spare parts kit laying around.

5. a44mag4dave

a44mag4dave Member

Billet or Forged

Ok for about the same price, which would be better, Billet or Forged. Spikes are forged and they seem to have good ratings. These are billet, my understanding, billet would be better quality. Have I been misled?
    I also found that Centerfire Systems has a billet lower for $79.

6. Jason

Jason Well-Known

Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    Do you have an FFL? Or know one? If you order let me know... perhaps a mini group buy?

7. a44mag4dave

a44mag4dave Member

I was thinking the same thing, my problem is I am in Kuwait and dont have access to a FFL. I someone is willing I can send out a money order.

8. Jason

Jason Well-Known

Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    The Midway ones are gone, Centerfire still has some forged ones at a good price it looks like.