• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • King76

Hmmm, I wonder…sometimes wander…
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2021
    Brenham
    After some research and pondering, I have decided to go with a Faxon 20” fluted stainless nitride barrel…223 Wylde. Now the trick is to find one.
    Thanks to everyone for the barrel input.

For the BCG, I decided to use a Fail Zero NiB….next purchase as I am shopping price.

I purchased a Geissele G2S trigger to start and a used/new Magpul PRS Gen2 stock.

I decided to build 1 of the 2 rifles first, see how I like my choices, and then build the 2nd with my new found enlightenment from the 1st build…lol
    Texas SOT

mylar17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    Pflugerville
    I think you'll be happy with the Faxon, I would also throw Criterion in the ring though I've heard of some issues with them recently. Fail Zero BCG's are good too, some issues with fasteners that I've heard of. I've personally been buying Microbest BCG's lately. PKfirearms.com is a good source for them

King76

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2021
    Brenham
    I picked up a couple of Fail Zero NiB bcgs. I really like them, really smooth. I paid a little more for them from my local gun shop than what I could have paid from online, but I wanted to support local…

I looked at the Criterion, nice barrels, but they do not carry stainless steel that is nitride treated….which is what I want. Actually, I don’t remember how many barrel mfgs I have looked at, but Faxon was where I found that combination…and in a 20” barrel.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    I am building a couple of AR15s and have decided to go with 20” barrels for both as I have several with 16” barrels and I just want the little extra FPS that a little longer barrel will give. I am not wanting the most expensive barrel but a good quality bull barrel in .223 wylde…..does anyone have any barrel mfg recommendations?
    windham, aero, and faxon make excellent barrels.

King76

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2021
    Brenham
    I was visiting my regular firearm sites looking for parts and the Faxon site showed the 20” barrels I am looking for to be in stock…so I pounced and ordered the 2 I needed. It is confirmed as they are shipped!

nairb2580

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    1/8 twist…..I am looking forward to wrapping up these builds and getting to the range and see how these barrels perform.
    Just wondering if you completed the builds and how the faxon barrels are working out as I am considering one for an upper build myself. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RevolverGuy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    FWIW, I built my first AR last year.

I wanted accurate but inexpensive and went with a 20” Stoner AR 20” HBAR stainless. 1-8 in .223 Wylde. It did indeed accomplish both goals.

Stoner AR is the Midway house brand.

King76

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2021
    Brenham
    I'll check my inventory!
    Hi, sorry for delayed response. I have not yet finished the build although I am getter closer!…lol. I am picking up parts as I find the ones I want on sale….trying to keep costs down and stay on budget but still use quality parts. I chose the Faxon barrel as I not only wanted accuracy but also a 20” stainless barrel with a nitride finish. Great reviews on the accuracy so I am anxious to test. I am disappointed in the finish though as both barrels I received had scuff marks on the rise of the flutes….in almost the exact same places. I ordered directly from Faxon and am disappointed they don’t take more care with the handling for the top dollar paid. I prefer to put on my own scuff marks from my use….lol

King76

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2021
    Brenham
    Just wondering if you completed the builds and how the faxon barrels are working out as I am considering one for an upper build myself. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Oops, I responded to the wrong msg…..”Hi, sorry for delayed response. I have not yet finished the build although I am getter closer!…lol. I am picking up parts as I find the ones I want on sale….trying to keep costs down and stay on budget but still use quality parts. I chose the Faxon barrel as I not only wanted accuracy but also a 20” stainless barrel with a nitride finish. Great reviews on the accuracy so I am anxious to test. I am disappointed in the finish though as both barrels I received had scuff marks on the rise of the flutes….in almost the exact same places. I ordered directly from Faxon and am disappointed they don’t take more care with the handling for the top dollar paid. I prefer to put on my own scuff marks from my use….lol”

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom