ARJ Defense ad

Ar15.com Bans Confessed Marijuana Users.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I am a bit old fashioned, so I have to agree with what Travis pointed out here. We do, and I say we because I have been guilty of it as well, say some things on here at times without thinking about the fact that other folks can see what we post. I know, I get upset at things and might post about it and when I post something I may say something just out of pure frustration and yes sometimes because it makes me angry. But I think Travis has a point in the fact that we do need to be aware that what we say and post reflects on us as individuals. I am in no way saying that we back down, or compromise on our beliefs because I am not willing to compromise on the Constitution and the rights that it protects that were given to me by God Almighty. However we can choose to voice it a little differently.

Posting on a website about your opinion is not illegal. Posting on a website about ILLEGAL drug use and being a firearm owner is.

Bottom line using drugs made you stupid and your liberal hippie attitude will get you busted. You'll be the crying bitch in jail when they come to take your guns. Personally, I cannot be around idiots that mix the two.

Dumb-Dopers-260x185.png
    Capitol Armory ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Posting on a website about your opinion is not illegal. Posting on a website about ILLEGAL drug use and being a firearm owner is.

Bottom line using drugs made you stupid and your liberal hippie attitude will get you busted. You'll be the crying bitch in jail when they come to take your guns. Personally, I cannot be around idiots that mix the two.

Dumb-Dopers-260x185.png

Lol, that's ridiculous.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    By definition being addicted to Alcohol is being addicted to a depressant which is very much on that form.

You really like invalid arguments, and grasping at straws. ALCOHOL IS LEGAL PERIOD as long as they aren't talking about getting drunk and shooting they aren't doing anything wrong(even that's not illegal just stupid)
    07%20your%20argument%20is%20invalid.jpg

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    That forum sucks and is populated by a bunch of "Tier 1," "Operator" retarded $#@!s anyway.

+1

Being fed up with all the faggotry and keyboard badassary at ARF is what lead me to find this place.

While I've made different life choices I do know some guys who use marijuana. They're all good, hard working, completely non violent, responsible people. They tend to stick to themselves and don't get out much other than for work which sucks at times because we don't get to hang out like we used to.

I think that the social stigma of marijuana use is quickly being unravelled. With 2 states completely legalizing marijuana for recreational use and 20 others allowing its use for medicinal purposes and a President who has stated not only that he will not direct his offices to go after users in those states but also that he thinks it is a safer alternative to alcohol the tide is definitely turning.

I would not be surprised to see marijuana reclassified Federally from a Schedule 1 drug to at least Schedule 3 or even 4 within the next few years.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Did arfcom give them a chance to quit first?

As far as our image goes, no we cant show the world that we are like the angry white dude in Falling Down.

The gun crowd definitely could use some diversity in background but some beliefs come along with gun rights.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    These posts that pop up from time to time on marijuana/drug use in general, gay marriage, etc. always make me laugh as well as amaze me. The amount of hypocritical gun owners who claim to be all for liberty, but would jump at the opportunity to regulate another person's individual liberty is pretty wild.

being an smoker makes you ineligible under federal law to posses firearms. It is a firearm forum.

I cannot imagine they would NOT have that rule.

I don't know how many times I've been able to say this, but I agree. It's pretty cut and dry for this.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Michael Berry pointed out the other night that every time conservatives make not only out-dated, but increasingly disagreeable arguments, it just gives liberals more cause to disregard anything else conservatives say no matter how valid.

Anyone who still has hang-ups about the legalization of marijuana is advertising to the world that they're out of touch with reality. You guys who say you can't stand people who smoke pot probably either know more of them than you think or have a very small group of like (i.e. closed) minded friends.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    You really like invalid arguments, and grasping at straws. ALCOHOL IS LEGAL PERIOD as long as they aren't talking about getting drunk and shooting they aren't doing anything wrong(even that's not illegal just stupid)

Talking about doing illegal things is generally not illegal. The thought police are closing in...

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Michael Berry pointed out the other night that every time conservatives make not only out-dated, but increasingly disagreeable arguments, it just gives liberals more cause to disregard anything else conservatives say no matter how valid.

Anyone who still has hang-ups about the legalization of marijuana is advertising to the world that they're out of touch with reality. You guys who say you can't stand people who smoke pot probably either know more of them than you think or have a very small group of like (i.e. closed) minded friends.

Chalk me up as a guy that is out-dated and disagrees with Libtards. I will, without exception, treat ILLEGAL drug users with extreme prejudice. I could not care less how great they may be when they are commuting crimes which by association could jeopardize my freedoms.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Chalk me up as a guy that is out-dated and disagrees with Libtards. I will, without exception, treat ILLEGAL drug users with extreme prejudice. I could not care less how great they may be when they are commuting crimes which by association could jeopardize my freedoms.

You do know that you're not required to disagree with everything that is categorized as Liberal beliefs just because you're a Republican...

I get into arguments/discussions with someone at work who is probably the most die hard Liberal I know. Except, he is a firm supporter in the 2nd Amendment, understands that it's to protect against tyranny, and also believes in the ability to defend oneself and property.

Weird, huh?

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    You do know that you're not required to disagree with everything that is categorized as Liberal beliefs just because you're a Republican...

I get into arguments/discussions with someone at work who is probably the most die hard Liberal I know. Except, he is a firm supporter in the 2nd Amendment, understands that it's to protect against tyranny, and also believes in the ability to defend oneself and property.

Weird, huh?

Most people would be surprised that a lot of them would be libertarians.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX

I wonder how many illegal things you do every day that someone else could make the same rant about. Any idea?

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

Weird, huh?

There are far too many things that Libtards stand for and tloerate for me to agree with much. I am sure your buddy or whoever is the worlds most perfect person for the exception of being a liberal. Life is way too short to waste it on him when there are far many others that do not believe in the destruction of other freedoms. Yeah, 2A is hugely important but it is one that should left as it is sans any arguments.

As far as doing this at work I would be very careful.. I have seen people lose their jobs over BS just as you describe.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    There are far too many things that Libtards stand for and tloerate for me to agree with much. I am sure your buddy or whoever is the worlds most perfect person for the exception of being a liberal. Life is way too short to waste it on him when there are far many others that do not believe in the destruction of other freedoms. Yeah, 2A is hugely important but it is one that should left as it is sans any arguments.

As far as doing this at work I would be very careful.. I have seen people lose their jobs over BS just as you describe.

I wouldn't do it if I were worried about it. I actually talk with the owner about these things all the time too. I appreciate your concern though.

Just not sure why any freedom-loving gun owner would have any interest in other people's choices when none of them effect you in any way. However, I've said the same thing about Liberals and gun control. How does it feel to be lumped together with those Liberals you hate so much in regards to being a hypocrite?

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    This is relevant to the marijuana topic, but not ARFCOM.

I was watching the local news last night and saw the Harris County DA on, speaking against the legalization of marijuana.

She had this to say...

Harris County DA responds to Obama's comments on marijuana debate | khou.com Houston

"Marijuana is creating deadly situations right here in Harris County. I welcome the President to come to Houston to review the same Capital Murder cases I did just last week that were the result of marijuana drug deals. Maybe then he will see that the most effective way to keep our law-abiding citizens safe is to obey all laws that our legislators put on the books at our State Capitol."

So she acknowledges that illegal ganja deals gone wrong contribute to capital murder cases, so the correct course of action is to keep marijuana illegal, rather than sold legally in storefronts where the prices are set and people don't kill you if they feel cheated, but rather take it to courts?

okay then...

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    While I love you like a brother (you know that) and very much respect TXI's input always and enjoyed our phone conversation tonight I disagree with you on this.
    6amade6u.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom