• ...and so much more!
  • 35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    arfcom-rifle.jpg
    Black rifles don't really do it for me, but I'd like to have at least one eventually. What do y'all think of this one?

https://store.ar15.com/product.html?man=1&pr=688

ar-15-rifle_large.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Id hand you $650 for it without knowing anything, just looking at it. Seriously.. How bad could it be... and IF something is not right about it, it's not expensive to remedy. If we are using polymer as major parts on these rifles, anything metal should be a step above.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    In the AR world, $650 is entry level...pocket change...

I can recommend some local shops if you want a $5k bespoke racegun. A bespoke $5k gun costs about $5k. Funny how that works.

Vern1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    Pettytown, Texas US of A
    What part is forged?
    Upper, lower, barrel or just the paperwork....
    While pencil barrels don't do it for me, that doesn't look bad and seems like a smoking deal.

There are some smoking Black Friday deals going around right now though....
    I saw complete uppers at JSE Surplus for 335.00 with 1/7 twist barrels.

Like wakal said, do you want a wall hanger trophy gun or a shooter?
    There are lots of very expensive guns in safes everywhere that have hardly been shot but the owner can brag about it...LOL!!
    And there are lots of cheaper guns out there that have actually been used and taken game!

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    For $650 it's not terrible, it looks like a pretty good deal. Forged upper/lower, most likely carbine gas and an M4 profile barrel with the useless M203 cut.

Most importantly what's it's intended use?

If it's a range toy, then it should serve your needs. I'm not a huge fan of 1/9 twist but it will shoot 55gr no problem. If you're betting your life on it I have some better recommendations.

I would definitely recommend the 12 inch rail. It will give you a longer sight radius. Also in my short experience shooting carbines a longer rail generally gives you a greater range of possibilities as you grow into shooting it.

Hope it works out.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I think it's a waste of money.

Buy from reputable sources where you can read specs. Otherwise you might be buying knock off chinese crap.

Good luck.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Hmm. Usually with a deal like this I say if it's too good to be true, it probably is. My Bushmaster was $900 with no added provisions and a flat top. Then again, they may be able to afford selling at a price like this. I'm skeptical but it may be the real deal.

Sent while being unproductive

Vern1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    Pettytown, Texas US of A
    One other thing to consider is the market is flooded right now.
    Everybody ramped up like crazy to get thru the panic earlier this year and there are parts everywhere.
    I'm seeing a lot of reputable manufacturers parts going for LESS than they were this time last year.

Check the sales at various sites...lots of complete uppers going cheap and you can buy complete kits, minus the lower receiver for under 500.00.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Usually with a deal like this I say if it's too good to be true, it probably is

Well, now they cost $99 more than those low end $900 Bushmasters so it must be better ;)

Top Bottom