• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Anyone know where I can find uppers within the $400-500 price range? A friend of mine is looking to pick one up to match a lower he bought a few months ago. He doesn't need the bolt carrier group - just the receiver, barrel, and furniture. He also prefers one without the front sight post...
    Hurley's Gold

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    seconding Palmetto State, just don't be in a hurry. I got mine pretty quick but some people are reporting long waits.

Very pleased with it so far. 16" CHF 1:7 with YHM Diamond rail. $450
    2.jpg

Note almost all their junk shows it being out of stock, just check it daily for a week and sooner or later one will pop up "on sale" that meets your needs in your price range.

Last edited:

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    You can get a model 1 sales upper within that budget. Some people talk bad about them, I have 1k trouble free rounds in mine, using a bcm bcg.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    seconding Palmetto State, just don't be in a hurry. I got mine pretty quick but some people are reporting long waits.

Very pleased with it so far. 16" CHF 1:7 with YHM Diamond rail. $450
    View attachment 24090

Note almost all their junk shows it being out of stock, just check it daily for a week and sooner or later one will pop up "on sale" that meets your needs in your price range.

Palmetto states AT LEAST a 15 business day wait on barreled uppers before you order. For the price and a small wait, they have come thru for me many times with both uppers, lowers, mags, etc...

There is also RGuns, however don't expect any communication and a rather long wait <30+days>. That might not be true for every upper, but it could be so be forewarned. Their prices are usually really good though.

BRevell

<b>Forum Sponsor</b>
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 11, 2013
    N Austin
    How about building one? At least if you get a nice barrel, you can always upgrade the other parts later, but you'll always have a sweet shooting gun. $400-$500 without BCG shouldn't be too tough. The problem with buying a less expensive complete upper half, they usually start with a cheaper barrel. If you find the parts, I can put it together for you.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    My buddy went and picked up an Aero from Surplus Ammo & Arms for $320.00 - everything except the BCG and charging handle. I guess he found the deal through the guys at AR15.com

He's making a first AR for his 11 year old son for Xmas. I'm going to help him accessorize it for his boy. Kid will go nuts when he opens it up :)

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Top Bottom