• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bojingles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    College Station
    Not sure if any of ya'll are looking for some AR15's but I found a store in Conroe,TX with a ton of them. They had some Rock River Arms, Bushmasters, DPMSs, Colts and even a few LMT's. The prices were high by hell who isn't selling them high? They told me they can't purchase them for what they used to sell them for. Name of the store is called Shooter's Station. Only store in the area that seems to have anything worth a crap. I think they have a website too but I haven't looked. Anyways I figured I share the news.
    ARJ Defense ad

themotion03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    College Station, TX
    I was just scoping out ammo around town and found a Bushmaster at Academy ($1099), and after went to Gander Mountain and bought a S&W MP15A. $1200 isn't too bad for this day and age. Especially with no wait... Prices on the net are ridiculous. I would advise everyone to check out their local stores frequently, and ask question/research shipment dates on gun/ammo in their locale.

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    Rock River has not increased their dealer price. An FFL friend of mine said his price is still under $800 for a NM A2 but the wait is over 18 months if he orders one. It's still a matter of supply and demand. Guys are charging more because they can get away with it, not because the mfg's have raised their wholesale price.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I was talking to a gun store owner about 4 months ago, he said that his cost has not really gone up either. He said that they have seen normal price increases, but overall they are in line......some people are just increasing their profits while they can get some extra money.

Fastlane

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Not sure if any of ya'll are looking for some AR15's but I found a store in Conroe,TX with a ton of them. They had some Rock River Arms, Bushmasters, DPMSs, Colts and even a few LMT's. The prices were high by hell who isn't selling them high? They told me they can't purchase them for what they used to sell them for. Name of the store is called Shooter's Station. Only store in the area that seems to have anything worth a crap. I think they have a website too but I haven't looked. Anyways I figured I share the news.

Could I get an address and phone number? I'd like to give whoever this a call.

Thx!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Rock River has not increased their dealer price. An FFL friend of mine said his price is still under $800 for a NM A2 but the wait is over 18 months if he orders one. It's still a matter of supply and demand. Guys are charging more because they can get away with it, not because the mfg's have raised their wholesale price.

That may be true for a single manufacturer but that does not hold true for all the wholesale distributors and the slew of other manufacturers out there. Most gun shops are not direct due to the volume required by many manufacturers. They rely upon wholesale distributors, and that is where some of the price increase is coming from.

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    Academy on 290 @ hwy 6 had Bushmaster A2s for 1095 plus tax a day or two ago. They have been on the rack for some time.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Anybody have a preference of AR?

You'll find varying opinions on just about every brand of AR out there. For basic gas impingement ARs, IMO, it's really hard to go wrong if you stick with the major manufacturers like DPMS, Colt, S&W, Bushmaster, Rock River, Stag, Armalite, etc. If you want to spend more of your money, LMT, LWRC, POF, and LaRue Tactical are just a few of the higher-end players.

Rocket_Cowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Plano, TX
    My recommendation ... check out M4Carbine.net and specifically their comparison chart between the different makes/models. That covers the technical details and differences between the various builds.

From there, you have to decide what you want to use the gun for, and whether all those technical differences mean anything to you. If you can't afford a Colt/LMT/Noveske, it doesn't really matter how good their QC is because you can't afford it. If you're just looking for a plinker, or something you want to start with but you intend to tweek/modify the guts to your liking, then some of the "flaws" around the lower end guns won't be much of a problem.

I have a Colt, but was very close to buying either a DPMS or a Del-Ton. I would recommend saving some money on the rifle in order to make sure you can afford ammo and training vs going out and buying too much gun and then never shooting it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom