• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Thank to Aransas Firearms and TGT member V-tach for is hospitality again today at his range.

I went with a buddy and we had a great time shooting a variety of guns. V-Tach is a fellow CHL Instructor and he ran me through my requal Instructor schoot. Had to shoot with both revolver and semi auto. Used my S & W model 10 4 inch bull barrel and Springfield XD.

I also shot my M1 Carbine (inland) and my buddy had his 30-30 lever, and ooolllld Marlin .22 semi-auto. He also has a XDs in .45. I soooo need one of those. Finally, we shot his derringer in .45 LC. We also enjoyed some good coffee and conversation with V-Tach.

A good middle of the day Saturday.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    CHL Instructors no longer go to DPS for qual but to other instructors?

I guess I am dating myself as I have not been an instructor since mid 90s.

Model 10 4 inch is classic.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    CHL Instructors no longer go to DPS for qual but to other instructors?

I guess I am dating myself as I have not been an instructor since mid 90s.

Model 10 4 inch is classic.

For the shooting, yes. They are trying to keep our renewal classes to 1 day, and with all of the legislative changes and them addressing the other problems, classes are running 12 hours on average now, without having to head out to their range.

My dad gave me the model 10 when I was around 14ish. It has thousands of trigger pulls, and is like glass.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    It doesn't get any better than Aransas Firearms when it comes to what they do, the only snob-like attitudes I've experienced there have been from customers. I try to go in at least once a week just for the friendly atmosphere.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Sounds like a nice place. I've been meaning to go visit relatives in AP and will stop by.

It should be noted that Aransas Firearms isn't in Aransas Pass but in Rockport/Fulton (Aransas County) so don't drive around town looking for it lol. Go to www.aransasfirearms.com and they've got their address on their website. V-Tach the owner is a member and site supporter here on the forum as well.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Went there this past summer, good folks. V-Tach gave us the tour. Nice place and reasonably priced.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Thanks all, for the kind words......

I was not surprised TXI shot perfect scores, but I was somewhat pleasantly surprised that his revolver (Model 10) group was so darn tighter than his semi group.......

I admit my double action revolver skills are lacking to my single action auto skillset.....TXI has inspired me to get to work on that.....

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Well THAT wouldn't take very long LOL! Seriously though, I looked them up yesterday and saw they were right off the main drag in Rockport.

Lmao good point, and yeah just go past the movie theatre and they're pretty much right across the street from the Sears.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
    silencers
    DK Firearms
    Tyrant Designs
    Every Day Man
    Shroud
    Shroud
    Weapon displays
    Ammo
    Defender Tactical