Lynx Defense

Are all the Cerakote and Duracote applicators just that busy??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mancho

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    North Dallas
    Wow, I am having a wonderful streak of bad luck trying to get my cheap ass SW SD9VE candy colored all up. I'm just trying to get the slide and a few parts done, but I contact a dozen applicators and 2 weeks later I get a call from one thats over a half hour drive away. Otherwise, I can ship it off to somewhere I guess, geeze. I am too much Texan, like to meet folks and shake hands, just is better deal that way.

I looked at doing it myself, but I would rather not. I prefer someone that does it all the time to give it their best shot and if it's not good, I'll try. This is a custom mix of "Crushed Silver" and "Magnesium Blue" which can make an almost Perrywinkle shiney look. I like it and seen it on a couple of guns but they some how add the Robin Blue Egg to it and it screws the look of the look IMHO.

This COLOR on a slider w a black stock (reverse of this):

7a746e84e78c69d69a329c93670dbdc3.jpg

Anyone? Know, anyone... that's not swamped and loves to coat with either Cerakote or Duracote and can reliably turn it around in a few weeks? Maybe a month? You know, speed, quality and price. I'm just going for the latter two...
    Military Camp

Hone

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I didn't call them and check but Scalpel Arms is awesome from everything I've seen. Might call them and double check what their turn around time would be.

mancho

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    North Dallas
    I didn't call them and check but Scalpel Arms is awesome from everything I've seen. Might call them and double check what their turn around time would be.

Spoke to Christian. They are 3 to 4 weeks out minimum... however, strangely, if you bring anything in on a THURSDAY, they turn it around the same day. But that's just 1 color solid, so with that, I'm out. LOL thanks for the suggestion.

mancho

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    North Dallas
    Got a good vibe at the http://www.scalpelarms.com shop today. Even tho it said Appointment only after I parked, I noticed it on the website. I worriedly walked to the shop, opened the door and stepped in to huge wave of odor from the coating chemicals... I knew I was in the right spot! LOL

I got a great price quote and left it. Even tho I'm trying to mix up 2 different colors, I'm hopeful it will increase the value of my SW SD9VE to a degree that I can sell it and make a very small profit. Hey, I got the time to gunsmith it into the ditch on this thread! LOL

Good times!

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I guess I am out of step. If I see an ad that says a gun that is still in production has been coated I pass on the ad. I figure its junk. The lipstick on a pig thing. Honest use marks add character. I guess I am more into function.

mancho

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    North Dallas
    Sometimes black guns get boring. These cheese monkeys that buy these are not in your step. They have lower steps? I would agree a true weapons connoisseur as yourself prefers the classic functions of aged machinery. Me too. I just got stuck w a pig I'm dressing up for the prom on the internet. :)

mancho

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    North Dallas

Well I went with Scalped Arms and dag nabbit, I told them to take a week or so while went out of town this weekend. THEY CALLED FRIDAY AND SAID ITS READY! Lol i couldn't get over there before leaving town. Great guys, super fast turnaround. I hope the work is spot on, how did I get all 3? Price, speed and quality?? Thank you for the suggestion!

mancho

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    North Dallas
    Chad, I might. I just got it back and I want to change it again. LOL Still not quite what I'm looking for but the guys at Scalped were nice, but perhaps not able to do what I was looking for.

mancho

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    North Dallas
    Hi Chad. I'm trying to mix up what I thought I read as a "magnesium blue" and a "chrushed silver" to give it a slight shine and purplish/blue hue. Apparently I must of read that blue and sliver differently or something. I've been diggin looking up my old bookmarks but still cannot find the weapon I saw. This color is on slide and accent pieces.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Sometimes black guns get boring. These cheese monkeys that buy these are not in your step. They have lower steps? I would agree a true weapons connoisseur as yourself prefers the classic functions of aged machinery. Me too. I just got stuck w a pig I'm dressing up for the prom on the internet. :)
    I should add I have a SD40VE I got in a trade. I'd put it up against any other. Just a great little shooter. Had an idiot on the S&W forum told me it could not be used for self defense because it didn't cost enough. With a Smith you can get more.

Shot placement is everything.

Top Bottom