• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Laufer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Lakeland/Memphis TN
    Geezer: While I recently reminisced about my CZ-82, which was sold about five years ago, I saw a .380 Makarov in my main gun store.

If it had not been for the very typical, fairly sharp "stacking" (real increase in tension) in the last part of the DA trigger pull, I would have bought it.

Other than the typical DA triggers I would have kept one of the 5 true Makarovs I owned: two Bulgies, two EG and a .380 Izhevsk Makarov.

I also had two Polish P-83s and the CZ-82.

The current price of 9mm Mak (Note: this is 9x18....Not at all 9x19 Luger!) ammo makes the .380 CZ-83 (in my opinion) much more desirable than a 9x18 gun, unless a gun in this chambering isn't used very often.

:eek:Beware that many people buy 9mm Mak ammo and Think that they are buying "9mm (Luger)", 9x19mm ammo.
    Please make sure that unfamiliar people --friends, family-- are crystal clear about the difference.
    Stores Don't accept ammo being Returned. Ignorance is expensive- or deadly.:beat:
    Venture Surplus ad

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    2F57CA6E-7E03-48FB-AA60-C63CCBE6DEF7.jpeg

Had some of the commie milsurp 82s laying around . Cerekoted a couple of them. Got them out today just to do some test firing to make sure all is still functional. No hiccups in 100 rounds. Looks like all is back together again and good to go.

They'll probably go to work as a truck gun, boat gun, toolbox gun, etc.

These things used to be dirt cheap...a bit surprised at current pricing

Cinco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2019
    Mineola, Tx
    old thread, but - recently bought a CZ82 from AIM Surplus - finish was better than I expected. after making sure that the pistol functioned well I've taken it to a local refinishing fellow to have it Cerakoted - also have, on order, a set of Marschal Grips grip panels

if this Cerakoting comes out how I'm imagining it will, I'll order a 2nd one from AIM and have the pair. I have owned an E. German Mak and a Bulgarian for a number of years now and I like very much the 9x18 round

Cinco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2019
    Mineola, Tx
    CZ82 - I bought one from AIM Surplus - have it being Cerakoted in Satin Aluminum with all the bits done in Graphite Black - "if" the color scheme works out well I'm buying another from AIM and having it done just the opposite - Slide and Frame in Black and the bits done in the Aluminum.....have a set of Walnut Grip panels on order from Marschal Grips - smooth, no checkering

will call 'em Salt and Pepper - or - Ebony and Ivory - or Sammy Davis and Mia Farrow

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I've got 8 total. (5 vz 83 and 3 vz 82)

I know what you mean about the price increases.

Paid in the $200+ range years ago for most of them but paid almost $400 for the last ones I got.
    Still have not found a 7.65 Browning chambering.(bucket list)

Bobbycurtdawg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2023
    El Paso
    I've got an 83 and three 82's. I love them. The trigger pull is great. I love the wide trigger too. It's actually one of the pistols I shoot best with, very accurate. Something about the CZ-82 I love is how it's a service pistol, yet it's still fairly compact. I carry one every day. I also like the sight compatibility with the 75. Interesting fact, the sights are compatible, yet the CZ-75 had fixed sights until after the transitional model in ~1993. It didn't have the same dovetailed sights until afterwards, so the 82 did it first. It's a shame that 9x18 ammo isn't more common. I use critical defense. In my opinion it's a fantastic sidearm. Downside, it's not very easy to take apart, anyone who's had to do it knows. That's the one thing I don't really like about it, personally. For anyone who still shoots an 82 regularly, try fiocchi ammo. Mine love fiocchi.

Top Bottom