• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Agree, except that whacking someone with a club exposes you to risk you don't have to endure. You have to get too close, you have to swing (easy to block) and strikes are not as effective.

If you are going to carry a baton, get some training with one.
    Quoted to add real training, not from some guy who knows a guy.
    Hurley's Gold

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I'm no expert by any means on the use of a baton. But I have had a little formal traing with one. Not nearly enough to bet my life on one. In the right hands, it can easily be a deadly weapon. But that takes training and practice. Lots of it. By a very good instructor. Mine was a 1960s era retired MP and black belt. Against multiple or armed assailants, it would be near the bottom of my list of preffered weapons.

from an idgit coffeeholic

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    My guess would be a baton is considered deadly force, but we all know you are less likely to do major damage/death than if you shoot someone. I would just as soon be judged by 12 for smacking someone with a club over shooting them in the face. If I am in a situation that calls for that level of force I am not worried about the consequences at the time I have my life to save.

No, a club or expandable baton or sidehandle baton or other nightstick, is NOT deadly force nor a deadly weapon, per se. It is in the manner of use or intended use that CAN make it deadly. Striking someone on the side of the thigh (Common Peroneal nerve) is not going to kill or seriously injure (that is what police are trained to do). Striking someone on the bean with a baton IS likely to cause death or serious bodily injury and WOULD likely be considered deadly force. Case law has held repeatedly that guns are deadly weapons. ALL other objects or techniques CAN be deadly "weapons" when used in a deadly manner.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I got my trainin' from that youtube channel. This is called the "Hammer Style" use of a baton....

PR-24 is awesome. Still have my training book.

I thought guy was going to hold it correctly, and let it swing around and clunk him on head though.

Top Bottom