• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are Kimbers good to go or solid pass?

• Kimbers are legit. I would buy from them no problem.

Votes: 31 54.4%
    • No, Kimbers are not good guns.

Votes: 20 35.1%
    • Glock Boyz unite!

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    That doesn't make any sense. I'm familiar with 1911's, I've owned a few and have handled *many* more. I know how a reliable 1911 looks. I know when a 1911 isn't working, how to figure out if it needs lube or a gunsmith.

I don't need to own a pistol to know if something is wrong with it.
    Yes it makes perfect sense. You may be familiar with 1911s but you don’t seem to understand statistics. When we are discussing reliability between manufacturers that is a math equation. there is a numerator and a denominator. You have a numerator, but not a denominator. You don’t even understand that you need the denominator. There is nothing wrong with that. The people who perform repairs tend to not be the people who are in charge of tracking QC. They are entirely different skill sets. The number of 1911s you have worked on is good for saying the number of 1911s you have worked on, but the information you have provided does not indicate overall product reliability in any way.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Yes it makes perfect sense. You may be familiar with 1911s but you don’t seem to understand statistics. When we are discussing reliability between manufacturers that is a math equation. there is a numerator and a denominator. You have a numerator, but not a denominator. You don’t even understand that you need the denominator. There is nothing wrong with that. The people who perform repairs tend to not be the people who are in charge of tracking QC. They are entirely different skill sets. The number of 1911s you have worked on is good for saying the number of 1911s you have worked on, but the information you have provided does not indicate overall product reliability in any way.
    I understand statistics well enough.

I also live in the real world and know that the MFG won't tell me a thing, and i as a consumer will have to make a decision based off of the limited amount of information available to me.

My information tells me this; while Kimber may make the majority of 1911's on the market, they constitute the vast majority of malfunctions. And the amount of kimbers i see that fail to function vastly eclipses any combination of other manufacturers, from glock, sig, Beretta, colt, hk, walther, s&w.

I am getting tired of saying this, my info isn't perfect, but unlike you I've provided it. All you've done is complain about it's legitimacy while providing no alternative.

I really am starting to think you work for kimber

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I understand statistics well enough.

I also live in the real world and know that the MFG won't tell me a thing, and i as a consumer will have to make a decision based off of the limited amount of information available to me.

My information tells me this; while Kimber may make the majority of 1911's on the market, they constitute the vast majority of malfunctions. And the amount of kimbers i see that fail to function vastly eclipses any combination of other manufacturers, from glock, sig, Beretta, colt, hk, walther, s&w.

I am getting tired of saying this, my info isn't perfect, but unlike you I've provided it. All you've done is complain about it's legitimacy while providing no alternative.

I really am starting to think you work for kimber
    but you don’t understand statistics well enough to realize that the most popular manufacturer accounting for the majority of malfunctions is meaningless unless you can show that the malfunctions are disproportionately high.

How many of the guns made by the other manufacturers use all drop in parts that can easily be replaced by anyone at home?

Yes, I work for kimber. Because it would make perfect sense for someone who works for kimber to be saying that there are better guns, and that a lot of their guns are not good values like I have said several times in this thread. :facepalm:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom