• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are Kimbers good to go or solid pass?

• Kimbers are legit. I would buy from them no problem.

Votes: 31 54.4%
    • No, Kimbers are not good guns.

Votes: 20 35.1%
    • Glock Boyz unite!

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    At no point did Iever try and covnince anyone that it was a majoritybecause Ihave no idea and neither do you.

IMO, a Google search by itself isn't a defining factor that Kimbers quality is suffering, but it is a starting point for someone to be able toinvestigate further.I know from my ow personal mobservations and what I have read, I would never buy a Kimber.
    I missed this but Havok, there's some issues with your post. Keep in mind my objective is to not tear you down. It's to point these things out.

"I dismiss the idea that telling people to google “kimber 1911 problems” is any evidence of QC issues". Not sure why you posted this...Gun owners come in all experience levels, but all those people who do search for problems owners are sharing, tells a story to some level. To the new gun owner, It's more questions and maybe hesitation. To the experienced gun owner, who doesn't need to be a 1911 fanboy to know how they operate; I take that back...I'm using my self as an example. Because my interest in guns always had something to do with gunsmithing and fabrication, my view of what's important and not may be different from other long time gun owners. Still...Most long time gun owners do understand that some problems ARE indicators of poor QC. In the eyes of someone who's been in shops, it might make the opinion worse.

It feels like the hairs being split in these conversations is not having data collected and I acknowledge you're one to not need the data to understand everyone produces lemons. Still, somewhere in there, are things that shouldn't be going on with 1911 manufacturing, while other brands with a cheaper asking, are harder to search the same problems for.
    Generally, I would have no problem with someone saying to google what problems a product has before purchasing it. In fact, I would encourage it, and even do so myself. Even the best companies don’t produce everything perfectly, so if I do end up having problems, I like to know what those problems might be. However, when trying to shock people with the number of results that will come up, that’s where people are being misled. As I said earlier, nobody would have made that post if they had ran that search on other popular 1911 brands, or understood that by the vary nature of how forums work with who is doing the searching and responding, even if those problems occur in a vary small percentage of the products, you’re more likely to get negative responses than positive. So if you do a search for problems with any mass produced product, don’t be surprised when your search results are about problems, not a lack of problems.
    Venture Surplus ad

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    nobody would have made that post if they had ran that search on other popular 1911
    No. Illogical. That's assuming what people search for. Every new gun I had zero experience with I googled "problems" at the end of the make and model.
    you’re more likely to get negative responses than positive
    Of course. And? No news is good news. If good news is there, cool.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Again with the non owner thing. A malfunction doesn't just not happen because the person reporting it didn't pay to own the gun.

As for "what it is not", ok. Show us it is not. Because like I've said multiple times, what you'd consider "proof" doesn't exist and if it did exist, would just be a MFG's fluff piece.

And if you took a look at the poll, 34% have not been favorable, thats not good.

Kimber has only themselves to blame for their reputation.

Every company will tell you their shit doesn't stink. Kimber, Beretta, Sig, Glock, Colt, etc.
    Ownership matters because you need a baseline to compare against. If you have another one that can be used instead, I’m all ears, but if you did, you probably would have said it already.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    No. Illogical. That's assuming what people search for. Every new gun I had zero experience with I googled "problems" at the end of the make and model.

Of course. And? No news is good news. If good news is there, cool.
    it’s not illogical if you don’t delete the rest of what I said.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Ownership matters because you need a baseline to compare against. If you have another one that can be used instead, I’m all ears, but if you did, you probably would have said it already.
    That doesn't make any sense. I'm familiar with 1911's, I've owned a few and have handled *many* more. I know how a reliable 1911 looks. I know when a 1911 isn't working, how to figure out if it needs lube or a gunsmith.

I don't need to own a pistol to know if something is wrong with it.

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    That doesn't make any sense. I'm familiar with 1911's, I've owned a few and have handled *many* more. I know how a reliable 1911 looks. I know when a 1911 isn't working, how to figure out if it needs lube or a gunsmith.

I don't need to own a pistol to know if something is wrong with it.
    Very true, I never had to own a ford to know not to buy 1.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    So...apparently we should drop a thousand or more dollars on a pistol before we make a decision on whether it's worth buying, pay no attention to any reviews, complaints, or range reports, and only then can we be qualified to judge whether it was worth the money.

No. I'm not that rich - not all of us are executives at Kimber with money to burn on pistols that may or may not work right.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Listen, gen 4 glocks are what gave us gen 5.

Its the homo-neaderthalensis of perfection.

Gen 3 is just ugly monkey man pistol

Gen 4 is where its at. Gen 5 has nothing, except for a few models not made in Gen 4 flavor that bring anything to the table the 4 doesn't have. Gen 5 is genetic regression - back to two pin, back to no finger grooves, added back the stupid moon cut in the front strap. Its kinda like fucking your first cousin - the product is retarded.

Maybe when Gaston is dead and gone, they'll get with the program - draft a new gun that is meant for human hands, not some Ubermensch with blonde hair and blue eyes.

It'll take metal magazines with no plastic body, they'll have learned Sig's capacity-increasing secret (basically just force more shit into the mag body and use strong enough steel to not crack the feed lips right away - you just need a LULA for "full" capacity) and they'll have figured out how to make an ergonomic grip with replaceable, well textured grip panels / back straps that doesn't make Baby Jesus cry. It will feature a chassis system like the Sig P320. It will only come in three calibers - .22 LR, 9x19mm, and .30 Super Carry. There will be a Legion-like owner's club - pay $1500 and you get an GFCU (Glock Fire Control Unit) - a full frame 19+1 length grip module, a 17+1 compact grip module, and a 15+1 subcompact grip module, and a sad 10+1 single stack module for cuck-state buyers.

It will come with Trijicon HD sights from the factory. It will come with sleeve adapters to make it backward compatable with original style Glock mags. It will They'll call it the Gen 6, or maybe "New Glock" or something. It'll be better, but fan bois will hate it - just like New Coke - and then the circle can fully complete.

They will re-release the Gen 1 OG grand daddy Glock pistol with Real Tennifer Finish (tm) and Teutonic Grip. It'll have a grip slicker than a strippers tiddies, no finger grooves, no big control levers to get in the way - just smooth and round like Saint Gaston intended.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Gen 4 is where its at. Gen 5 has nothing, except for a few models not made in Gen 4 flavor that bring anything to the table the 4 doesn't have. Gen 5 is genetic regression - back to two pin, back to no finger grooves, added back the stupid moon cut in the front strap. Its kinda like fucking your first cousin - the product is retarded.

Maybe when Gaston is dead and gone, they'll get with the program - draft a new gun that is meant for human hands, not some Ubermensch with blonde hair and blue eyes.

It'll take metal magazines with no plastic body, they'll have learned Sig's capacity-increasing secret (basically just force more shit into the mag body and use strong enough steel to not crack the feed lips right away - you just need a LULA for "full" capacity) and they'll have figured out how to make an ergonomic grip with replaceable, well textured grip panels / back straps that doesn't make Baby Jesus cry. It will feature a chassis system like the Sig P320. It will only come in three calibers - .22 LR, 9x19mm, and .30 Super Carry. There will be a Legion-like owner's club - pay $1500 and you get an GFCU (Glock Fire Control Unit) - a full frame 19+1 length grip module, a 17+1 compact grip module, and a 15+1 subcompact grip module, and a sad 10+1 single stack module for cuck-state buyers.

It will come with Trijicon HD sights from the factory. It will come with sleeve adapters to make it backward compatable with original style Glock mags. It will They'll call it the Gen 6, or maybe "New Glock" or something. It'll be better, but fan bois will hate it - just like New Coke - and then the circle can fully complete.

They will re-release the Gen 1 OG grand daddy Glock pistol with Real Tennifer Finish (tm) and Teutonic Grip. It'll have a grip slicker than a strippers tiddies, no finger grooves, no big control levers to get in the way - just smooth and round like Saint Gaston intended.
    Oh its on now.

Not all gen 5 models have the cut out, even the regular 17, 19, etc.

The finger grooves allow more grip texture on the fingers.

The gen 2 style of 1 pin cam block is more than strong enough for 9mm/.40, and cant be assembled incorrectly like previous gens. The slide stop is also much more durable, as is the slide. It also simplified 17/19 production, as they now use the same cam block

When gaston dies, i think it'll set off an inheritance battle between his wife/nurse and his kids. I don't think glock will come out the same when that happens

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    When gaston dies, i think it'll set off an inheritance battle between his wife/nurse and his kids. I don't think glock will come out the same when that happens

So, you're saying that there's a chance that they might actually do something innovative for the first time since the 80s?

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Time to put this thread out of its misery.

1664539325604.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom