• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I'm guessing they are talking about Georgetown. Can't be too many locals up there and they want to distinguish themselves from the Wally and Academy chains.

I know that Red's is locally owned, bought a gun from Red himself a couple years ago.
    AGL is local - talked to Scott himself, although pretty sure he also has a business partner.
    Storied is locally owned. Owner sold me a gun.
    Pretty darn sure McBrides is locally owned.
    If you've been into Heritage, you know that shop has got to be locally owned.

In fact, as far as non-chain stores, I think the only local gun shops in the Austin area that isn't locally owned would be GT's (who have a store in Georgia, but I don't know who the owners are) and the new Bluecore (they started in Colorado and still have the original shop there).

Last edited:

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    If it was an ad for Guns+ they are basically the only shop in all of Georgetown afaik. Only other place in the county seat that even sells guns would be Wally World so their advertisement is not untrue if they are talking specifically Gtown.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ah they mean THAT local. Heritage I wont go back to. Gives gun shops a bad name.

Hearing the commercial I instantly thought of McBrides and Mr McBride shuffling around. He must make a fortune. I hope he has plans for someone to keep it open when they carry him out feet first.

I suppose what did get me thinking was AGLs Scott having a business partner from Dallas if I recall but Reds and McBrides examples of local owners.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Ah they mean THAT local. Heritage I wont go back to. Gives gun shops a bad name.

Hearing the commercial I instantly thought of McBrides and Mr McBride shuffling around. He must make a fortune. I hope he has plans for someone to keep it open when they carry him out feet first.

I suppose what did get me thinking was AGLs Scott having a business partner from Dallas if I recall but Reds and McBrides examples of local owners.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Joe McBride (and now deceased sister, Jackie) inherited the store from his father, Jack. Joe's son and daughter (not sure, but he may have more than one each) will carry on after he goes to that great gun shop in the sky.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    You mean the local Wal Mart down the road isn't owned by Ed and Irma Axelrod next door?!? That settles it! No more Wally World for me!

Top Bottom