Guns International

Are "No Knock Warrants" justified and are they worth the risk?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Just because it's a no knock warrant don't the Leo's still need to identify themselves as police officers?

Yes. But that typically consists of their yelling "POLICE!! SEARCH WARRANT!!" while breaching the door. IMO, that's not "identifying yourself". But that's just my opinion.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Who's to stop bad guys from yelling, "POLICE!! SEARCH WARRANT!!", before breaking down a door?

I have heard that's happened a few times during home invasions. BG's even dressed "SWAT-ish" to gain an edge. That's yet another reason the risk/reward of using them needs to be strictly evaluated. Several homeowners have been killed because they pulled a gun after hearing a crash in the middle of the night. PD had the wrong address. Oops.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    And personally, I don't believe someone yelling (in the midst of crashing through a solid door) "POLICE! SEARCH WARRANT!" constitutes "identifying yourself". Some home invaders have actually done that to disarm potential armed opposition from homeowners.

I don't care what you're wearing or what you yell. If you bust down my door you're catching a mag of 308 with your chest.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have heard that's happened a few times during home invasions. BG's even dressed "SWAT-ish" to gain an edge. That's yet another reason the risk/reward of using them needs to be strictly evaluated. Several homeowners have been killed because they pulled a gun after hearing a crash in the middle of the night. PD had the wrong address. Oops.

There's documented cases of burglars identifying themselves as LE.

Top Bottom