Military Camp

Are people with CHL’s more paranoid or aware?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are people with CHL’s more ?

• Are CHL holders less secure in their own physical abilities?

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Are CHL holders overly paranoid?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • This poll will close: .

44Mo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Are people with CHL’s more ?

This topic came up a few weeks back at the range.
    The poll questions were taken from various statements made by avid shooters.
    I thought I would throw it out there in a poll format so we all could see what other think and make comment.
    Ok, now that enough attitude has been expressed I will elaborate further.
    This was about as 2 1/2 conversation with a group of five shooters, I was number 6
    I have shot often enough with the group to know what they do for a living so I will place the occupation out here.
    You are going to be surprised, I know I was.
    #1 Are CHL holders less secure in their own physical abilities? = Car Salesman
    #2 Are CHL holders less trusting of their fellow man? = Roofing contractor
    #3 Are CHL holders overly paranoid? = LEO
    #4 Are CHL holders more aware of their surroundings? = Insurance Claims Adjuster
    #5 Are CHL holders like to “Showboat” themselves and guns? = Ambulance chasing attorney
    These are people that I met at the range over time and shoot with. This was a very eye opening conversation.
    Target Sports

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    With all due respect, this has got to be the most worthless poll (keep in mind, most dn't have much value to begin with) I've seen.

Only 1 choice doesn't make a "CHL holder" look like some goofball or mall ninja or paranoid who thinks the black helis are one the way,

And the one that doesn't, has nothing to do with a "CHL Holder". It may be true that people who are more aware, which everyone should be since that is the single most important way to avoid being a victim, are also the ones that tend to take more precautions which may include carrying or having a gun nearby.

Honestly, as with most any topic, this poll may be be logical to some, but it's likely to be the one that has that secret room with the supplies enough to survive the years after the alien's take over, of the Government starts serial numbering US Citizens.

One might even ask if this poll was created by someone that represents an anti-gun organization. ;)

(gotta have a little fun on a Friday morning. )

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I agree, I just had to answer the poll with the answer closest to being most accurate. That poll was probably started somewhere else by some anti-gun lobbiest group.

44Mo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Man, what negative attitudes posted directly at ME!!!
    As I stated this was a subject that came up at the range the other day!!!!
    I myself am a long time hand gunner and re loader and by no means "anti-gun"

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Man, what negative attitudes posted directly at ME!!!
    As I stated this was a subject that came up at the range the other day!!!!
    I myself am a long time hand gunner and re loader and by no means "anti-gun"

It's a direct reflection of the poll comments. That might tell you something. :p

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    Man if that's not the pot calling the kettle black! LOL!!!

Exactly the irony I was going for given you put an answer about "showboating" in a poll directed to CONCEALED carriers. And the fact that it is the only response in italics made me really want to pick it.

Maybe "are CHL holders less likely to have a sense of irony and humor?" should have been an response option.

Your poll sucks because a vote for any but option but number four forces the respondent to admit flaws in themselves, in a public setting. The other four choices all reflect negatively. They are also shortcomings that might lead a person to get a CHL, where as option four implies a trait of established CHL holders.

It is about as useful as the following poll.

People own guns because:
    1) they are ignorant.
    2) they are unable to physically please women.
    3) they are gang-bangers.
    4) they enjoy shooting sports or hunting.
    5) they are not as omnipotent as messiah Obama.

Hmmm, as a gun owner which one should I choose?

44Mo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Are you that guy that the opponents of Open Carry are talking about? You know, the guy that will be wearing a full western rig with a couple of .44 Magnum's with 8" barrels walking down the street making sure everyone sees you?

That's definitely not me!!
    I carry concealed, always!!!!
    1978 Houston Texas, 18 years old; I was mugged and the taken at gun point to my apartment (they got my address of my DL 2 blocks away from homey)and had everything I owned stolen by illegals from south of the boarder.
    Ever since that day I have been acutely aware of my surroundings.
    I don't want anyone knowing I am armed!!!!!

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    Are you that guy that the opponents of Open Carry are talking about? You know, the guy that will be wearing a full western rig with a couple of .44 Magnum's with 8" barrels walking down the street making sure everyone sees you?

Could be. Are you the guy who has more posts in the Open Carry threads than anyone else? jk

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    That's definitely not me!!
    I carry concealed, always!!!!
    1978 Houston Texas, 18 years old; I was mugged and the taken at gun point to my apartment (they got my address of my DL 2 blocks away from homey)and had everything I owned stolen by illegals from south of the boarder.
    Ever since that day I have been acutely aware of my surroundings.
    I don't want anyone knowing I am armed!!!!!

That sucks, but at least they caught them.

CJS3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Katy
    with all due respect, this has got to be the most worthless poll (keep in mind, most dn't have much value to begin with) i've seen.

Only 1 choice doesn't make a "chl holder" look like some goofball or mall ninja or paranoid who thinks the black helis are one the way,

And the one that doesn't, has nothing to do with a "chl holder". ------

one might even ask if this poll was created by someone that represents an anti-gun organization. ;)

(gotta have a little fun on a friday morning. )

+1000%

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Exactly the irony I was going for given you put an answer about "showboating" in a poll directed to CONCEALED carriers. And the fact that it is the only response in italics made me really want to pick it.

Maybe "are CHL holders less likely to have a sense of irony and humor?" should have been an response option.

Your poll sucks because a vote for any but option but number four forces the respondent to admit flaws in themselves, in a public setting. The other four choices all reflect negatively. They are also shortcomings that might lead a person to get a CHL, where as option four implies a trait of established CHL holders.

It is about as useful as the following poll.

People own guns because:
    1) they are ignorant.
    2) they are unable to physically please women.
    3) they are gang-bangers.
    4) they enjoy shooting sports or hunting.
    5) they are not as omnipotent as messiah Obama.

Hmmm, as a gun owner which one should I choose?

I think this reflects and says better that I can about what I think of this poll.

I didn't vote.

If those were comments from guys you know, be the voice of education ;)

Top Bottom