Patriot Mobile

Are the cuckoos running Harley Davidson really that stupid?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    This just screams boring...

When Chief Executive Officer Matt Levatich announced LiveWire’s launch last year, his hope was the ease of riding motorcycles with no gears or clutch would help attract young and environmentally conscious urban riders.

I can see why no ones ordering. You might as well get a 250cc moped.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Im not into motorcycles but most of the dudes I know my age who are, build their own. If they are into harleys, it would be older models so idk what this company is smoking. Their market research must be done by the same people who did the election polls in 2016

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The story isn’t about e-bikes. The story is that a base 883 Sporster, when it was re-launched thirty-ish years ago was $3995. Harley caught a generation with a loss leader and rode those waves to the beach without a second thought to the next iteration.

I don’t think it’s too late, but they need 3-4 variants of a motor/frame combo for the bottom rung of the price point, and they have to be easily customizable.

Something like a desert sled/ Sportster / standard tourer / adv tourer that can be sold at $4995 without diluting the brand too much.

E-bikes compete against a category avg of 45mpg. That’s a ‘meh’ delta.

Hell, I wish Indian would deliver this
    3d8df3e1cd6e0a37dd6b9f0c06d35e1f.jpg

in a $5995 variant; I’d buy one.

Attachments

• 3d8df3e1cd6e0a37dd6b9f0c06d35e1f.jpg
      3d8df3e1cd6e0a37dd6b9f0c06d35e1f.jpg
      19.6 KB · Views: 396

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    The story isn’t about e-bikes. The story is that a base 883 Sporster, when it was re-launched thirty-ish years ago was $3995. Harley caught a generation with a loss leader and rode those waves to the beach without a second thought to the next iteration.

I don’t think it’s too late, but they need 3-4 variants of a motor/frame combo for the bottom rung of the price point, and they have to be easily customizable.

Something like a desert sled/ Sportster / standard tourer / adv tourer that can be sold at $4995 without diluting the brand too much.

E-bikes compete against a category avg of 45mpg. That’s a ‘meh’ delta.

Hell, I wish Indian would deliver this
    View attachment 187894

in a $5995 variant; I’d buy one.

Yeah I don't get it, Harley admits it needs younger buyers so they make a 30k bike to market towards young people. I'm a Harley rider, but I'll have that new Indian FTR someday.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Their market research must be done by the same people who did the election polls in 2016

Ain’t that the truth.
    They replaced a $30k motorcycle, with a $30k e-bike.

Who approved that idea for the us market?
    Hopefully they’re no longer in a decision-making capacity...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    An electric Hogly is blasphemy!!!
    I have never owned a Harley, but that is wrong on so many levels.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Harley has to do SOMETHING, but clearly $30k e-bikes ain’t it.

Harley’s US sales barely recovered after the recession.

The once-iconic brand needs some ideas...the brand went from people getting Harley tattoos, to one that’s facing a dying demographic.

Young folks have no idea what Easy Rider was, and they don’t aspire to associate with the brand.

It was interesting how Harley was a huge sponsor of the summer X-Games. But Harley can’t market/advertise their way out of this problem...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Hardley has been losing sales for years, the post-Boomer generations are nowhere near as interested in riding. I don't think $10,000 Sportsters - inflation is a bitch - are going to energize a generation deluded enough to believe public transportation is superior.

Eli

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Harley sales are down and I believe they are attempting to find a new market. Not sure who that might be but their current base is disappearing. Ford will supposedly have an all electric F150 by 2022. Times are changing with different manufacturers dipping their toes into the all electric market. There will be usable (time to charge, range, etc) electric vehicles within the next several years. The past image of what a motorcycle or pickup "should be" will pass. I still have a hard time with 1/2 ton pickups having engines the size of the old 4 banger Datsuns I once owned but they are selling.

Top Bottom