• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Must just be me then. I haven't found any that worked well enough that I would bet my life on them. I want way better reliability than I have gotten in the near and far past. It is the one glitch to a fine firearm in my opinion. My Savage FVSR rifle mags are troublesome at times as well.
    Military Camp

Hboy35

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2017
    College Station
    Of course, my 10/22 is used for either plinking at targets or squirrel or rabbit hunting, so no big deal with an occasional mag issue. I prefer the 10rd mags for hunting though, just to be less weight and streamlined going through the woods. The 25s are mainly just for targets. I rarely run into herds of squirrels or rabbits that 10rd will not suffice.

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    I bought a new 10/22 in 1993. Bout 3 Butler Creek Mags for it and they have functioned flawlessly since I got them. Also used them in My dad's from 1976 with no issue. He gifted it to my son so I gifted the Butler Creek Mags to him. I have 6 of the BX-25't that work great. I Bought a second 10/22 in 2009 0r 2010 and put it in to an Archangel Marauder stock. It ran the BX-25 mags fine but I had issue with the Archangel mags until I took the stock apart and installed the 4 screws in to the top of the receive (scope mount). Once I did that they ran fine. I am assuming it was creating an issue with angle of the mag that many suffer from gripping the mag. My ex brother in law had the Muzzlelite bullpup stock and a couple of 25 round Ramline mags, neither my dads or my 10/22 liked them. Good Luck.

Top Bottom