Guns International

are there any decent extended warranty companies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I can't speak to how honorable any of them are but Carshield is ~$100/ month. I say keep up with routine maintenance and invest the $100/ month.

All insurance/warranties companies are out to make a profit. The cost of premiums will cover, the expected cost of the insurance (Work they will do), and the cost of the salesman. Usually the latter is the biggest percentage. I think on average, most insurance will only pay out 15% on average.

So, they are usually a bad deal.
    Guns International

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Most dealerships can suggest an extended warranty when you buy the vehicle, even if you decide on a used one from their lot. Many times they can even finance the cost of the extended warranty into the purchase price of the vehicle.
    Yeah we bought a certified used Chevy, salesman sold us an extended warranty. He made it sound like it was through Chevrolet, which we took. After reviewing the paperwork it was a third party. I could have gotten my own insurance. Live and learn.

Delarosa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2022
    Spring, Tx
    I went through an extended warranty when I first bought my jeep New through my local credit union which I used for financing. I believe its called ASG. It started after the 3 year 36k factory warranty. I think I paid something like 2100 in total for a 4 year 100k warranty and it was worth it to me. Although it might take a couple of days to approve, if you keep calling they'll push it through faster for any repair. I love my jeep but it's had a couple of problems and all I had to pay was a $100 deductible. I think in total repairs have cost over 5k so its paid itself Even after modifying things like the suspension they still honored the warranty and let me choose the shop I took it to. I think it just depends on how you think it'll go or what you're willing to bet as some people have said. I knew what I would do with my car and from research It isn't always the most reliable. Up to you to assess the risk whether you save up the money for a rainy day or pay it upfront but maybe never use it.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    You take the Alfa's to an independent? ;)
    The 4C has never been back to the dealer since the day I bought it. The warranty has been out for a couple years now, so there's not even a reason to use the dealer for free parts. The maintenance on it has been easy enough for any DIYer to keep up on, and there are software tools available for $50 that cover everything the Mopar wiTech scanner can do.

If you were an independent and wanted the official tools, the hardware costs about $2500 plus a yearly subscription of $1600. It works on anything Mopar, so you could service everything from Jeeps to Alfas.

The classic Alfas very obviously need an independent. A new dealer wouldn't even know what they are looking at. Didn't seem like they knew what they were looking at back in the day either. Most of the reputation of poor reliability was due to poor servicing. The aftermarket and enthusiasts have also developed maintenance schedules through the years that improve on the factory schedules.

Ttrip

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2022
    Fort Bend
    I'd say avoid needing a warranty - get a car like Toyota.
    Many people said it, they wanna make money - so I rely on my own insurance - my hands :-)

Re regular car insurance I got one from Costco, they have a package that is very well priced, includes roadside assistance, collision and comprehensive with low deductibles, under insured/uninsured protection...

Long time ago there was a company that would have a set percentage for operating and the rest was in a fund. If person did not have a claim that year, they would give some money back - distribute from the fund back to members (without claims). I liked that but I can imagine it was not very profitable so ...

Top Bottom