Are we seeing historic low prices on AR style rifles?

Texan2

TGT Addict
Nov 8, 2008
South of San Antonio
I can't remember in recent history seeing prices this low. I see guys still trying to sell their panic purchases for what they paid, but you can get entry level ARs in stores for under $600. Willing to buy parts and build your own? Around $500...

Pmags and other 30 rd. AR mags under $7 if you shop.

It would seem to me that the wise man would buy now, knowing that one bad congressional election result can easily spur another panic buying frenzy.

Observational anaylsis of the AR market complete.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
Lifetime Member
May 31, 2012
Wildcat Thicket, Texas
Agreed. This is a buyers market. Stock up now and you're going to be in a great position next time the panic returns.

And we all know it will return. Just a matter of time.

Recent history will attest to the truth of this. 2008, huge panic; prices at historical high.
2012, largest panic ever; prices skyrocketed even higher than seen in 2008.

Smart people are investing in components, metals and mags.

I believe mags are the next target

Southpaw

Plague enthusiast
TGT Supporter
Mar 30, 2009
Guadalupe Co.
Absolutely!! Considering where the market was, I don't think it gets much better.

But I agree, take advantage today, the anti gun agenda is not going away and a lot is riding on the 2014 elections. Personally, I just want to have too much of everything and if I have to, I can always sell extra off after seeing what happens.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
TGT Supporter
Jan 15, 2012
Waco-ish
The best deals are in trade if you own an AR and trying to move it.

I think another reason is the actual or perceived availability and cost of ammo.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Aug 27, 2009
San Antonio!
I think I would bite if I found one for $450. I don't know if they will ever get that low, but I can dream.
I hope they get back to that price level again, but the lack of rifles and kits have made me doubtful it will happen.

Atlantic Firearms is still probably the best online vendor, and their prices are getting better; but the lowest AK around are O-PAPs for between $550-599. Unconverted Saigas are still running five hundred bucks...

Top Bottom