Lynx Defense

Are we seeing historic low prices on AR style rifles?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Is that a good deal? I know nothing about AKs but have been wanting to get one.

As far as price, it's the best I've seen around. Max could probably give you a better description of what you would be getting as oppose to other model AK's out there. But for the record, I own several WASR's, bought them all online and never had an issue with any of them.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    Those AKs will always be around for cheap. The nicer ones have skyrocketed and people are holding on to them. Might as well look into Sig's take on the AK. The AR marketed is flooded right now. I'm waiting for the really nice ones to hit rock bottom like the beginning of 2012.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I recently opted to invest a few hard earned dollars in another black rifle after making similar observations. DPMS almost got me to bite with their oracles priced around 600(629 at Academy locally) and a mail in voucher for 4 free mags and a cleaning kit. However, I have always been very satisified with the performance of my armalite, so I went with another carbine length M15. For $755 from vendor to my hands, I couldn't pass it up. I know I could have saved a few bucks on another make or a home build but I paid $835 plus S&H and transfer just a few years ago for the same rifle in FDE.
    I also added a 10 pack of gen 2 pmags(thanks to copes dist) for 107.99. Overall, a great investment IMO in these unpredictable times. If you have the money, now is the time to buy for sure.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I hated on American Armament over that barrel but it turns out they're great guys.

I bought 2 billet lowers from them. Don't know what I'm going to do with them yet.

I'll do something with them, rest assured.

TX0303

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    CenTex
    Is that a good deal? I know nothing about AKs but have been wanting to get one.

For less than $100 more you can get a Yugo M70 O-PAP, much better gun than a WASR. Do the research and you'll buy the O-PAP ( not a N-PAP BTW).

Back on topic, I think prices have normalized to where they should be. I wouldn't call them historically low but back to early or mid-2012 prices. Since 2008, AR prices had been steadily dropping until Sandy Hook. Right before the Colt 6920 had dropped to less than $1000. Now they are back down to around $1100. Suppliers ramped up production during the frenzy and now that things have slowed down, there is a bit of a surplus possibly.
    Now if ammo prices would do the same, but I'm afraid they will not get back to last year's prices.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Banner at the top of this page.
    ar15 parts, pretty darn good deals.
    They support this forum, I think I'll support them.

TX0303

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    CenTex
    What's the best buy right now for an off-the-shelf gun? Got some money to burn.

Complete Spike's lower from AimSurplus then an upper off the daily special at Palmetto. You can have a good gun for about $660 + magazines + fees.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom