ARJ Defense ad

Are we seeing historic low prices on AR style rifles?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I'm hoping prices are good when tax time gets here. Im going to stock up on ammo and AR parts.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    $479.00 for new M4-style Carbines, albeit with composite lowers if you have anything against that at Southern Ohio Guns. Need a C&R at least to log-on and order though.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    Maybe like $800?
    I'd piece it with that budget
    stripped lower $70
    lpk w/out trigger $30
    alg trigger $65
    stock kit $40
    stock $75 i picked up 4 STRs for $75 earlier this yr
    moe + grip $20
    That gives you plenty $ to spend for a upper. And that would differ depending on what your AR purpose is for. I'd piece the upper also

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    The OP does pose something to think about. So I brought it with DH yesterday evening.

I saw several schools of thought on the actions of folks selling items during the panic. There were several setups. Some guys liquidated items they had collected over years in the hobby. Some guys bought multiple items during the panic in order to flip. The overall theme though was folks grilling others for "profiteering". Some big businesses got their butts handed to them when they raised prices. Customers called them out and then boycotted because they made a big profit and were accused of leaving customers out to dry. Or accused of eating their own because they 'forced' customers to buy a Pmag for ten times the price during non-panic times.

Do folks still feel the same way now that there is a little distance from the heat of the panic?

A more provocative question, would you buy up extra items to keep strictly for the purpose of resale next time around?

Do you have an opinion on those who would?

If you bought extra items now would they be kept for personal use and not sold in the next panic?

And an off the wall question, how many have actually started reloading like they said they would?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    ^^^^Personally, I am buying first to complete a few projects that where on hold. However, I am also buying to ensure that on the next go round of proposed legislation, I don't have that feeling of "I should have bought this when I could." I am also buying what I can to secure the future of my collection for my daughter and her children, e.g. replacement parts, mags, etc.

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    At a recent gun show, I saw P-Mags, $50 for 10. Not sure if they were 20 or 30 round mags. I would suggest hunting around at gun shows leading up to the holidays. I'm seeing very good deals. I'm considering buying 10-20 P-Mags even though I don't own an AR yet.

I'll be shopping on black friday for a good deal on an upper (at the very least) if not a complete lower. I don't have a lot of interest in doing a home build (yet), nor do I have the necessary tools. So, I'm looking for a complete upper and complete lower, configured more or less in the way I'd want.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    The OP does pose something to think about. So I brought it with DH yesterday evening.

I saw several schools of thought on the actions of folks selling items during the panic. There were several setups. Some guys liquidated items they had collected over years in the hobby. Some guys bought multiple items during the panic in order to flip. The overall theme though was folks grilling others for "profiteering". Some big businesses got their butts handed to them when they raised prices. Customers called them out and then boycotted because they made a big profit and were accused of leaving customers out to dry. Or accused of eating their own because they 'forced' customers to buy a Pmag for ten times the price during non-panic times.

Do folks still feel the same way now that there is a little distance from the heat of the panic?

YES

A more provocative question, would you buy up extra items to keep strictly for the purpose of resale next time around?

NOT STRICTLY FOR RESALE PURPOSES BUT MIGHT DO SOME SELLING IF IT WERE TO HIT THE FAN AGAIN.

BETTER WATCH THEIR BACK WITH THE ATF IF COLLECTING ACTUAL FIREARMS SPECIFICALLY FOR RESALE.

PARTS/COMPONENTS; MORE POWER TO THEM.

If you bought extra items now would they be kept for personal use and not sold in the next panic?

YES

And an off the wall question, how many have actually started reloading like they said they would?

I HAVE RAMPED UP MY RELOADING SIGNIFICANTLY. PRIOR TO THE LAST PANIC I WAS RELOADING ONLY TO BUILD PRECISION ROUNDS FOR MY CUSTOM RIFLES.

Wasn't yelling, just used caps to separate my answers from your questions.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Wasn't yelling, just used caps to separate my answers from your questions.

No worries, I'm tracking.

How can an upper be considered "complete" if it does not come with a BCG or charging handle?

It is not. Folks just are not describing the item properly, intentional or not. Either way I find it irritating but eh, what can you do?

^^^^Personally, I am buying first to complete a few projects that where on hold. However, I am also buying to ensure that on the next go round of proposed legislation, I don't have that feeling of "I should have bought this when I could." I am also buying what I can to secure the future of my collection for my daughter and her children, e.g. replacement parts, mags, etc.
    Definitely

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

i think it's interesting that you put the word "forced" in quotes as if someone claimed they were forced to buy anything. If that is where you stand on the subject you completely miss the point if why people were upset with a company for pulling products from the shelf and holding them until demand increased and then raising the price 1000%. To me it seems like your wording was an attempt to invalidate the opinions of those who disagreed with the practice while misunderstanding the reasoning behind that opinion.

I do

No, more interested in increasing my personal collection.

Less sleazy than buying up at a good price during a limited supply strictly for the purpose of selling it at double the price to the guy behind you in line

Didn't you already ask this question?

I was reloading before the panic, it's not much help when primers, powder, and bullets disappear. Keep extra components stashed away to be used as a buffer next time.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    i think it's interesting that you put the word "forced" in quotes as if someone claimed they were forced to buy anything. If that is where you stand on the subject you completely miss the point if why people were upset with a company for pulling products from the shelf and holding them until demand increased and then raising the price 1000%. To me it seems like your wording was an attempt to invalidate the opinions of those who disagreed with the practice while misunderstanding the reasoning behind that opinion.

Nah, just couldn't think of way to put it where it wouldn't look like I was on a side and figured the quotes could be taken as anyone wanted. I guess I could have just left it as something like "businesses that raised their prices".

Didn't you already ask this question?

lol yeah, looks like I did.:facepalm:

Top Bottom