• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    5 Deputies from my office ordered GLOCK 27's ($398.00 each) direct from Glock Smyrna, GA and they finally came in today after 2 months of waiting. Glock usually fills LEO orders first, but the supply and demand has put them in a bind. Before the Obama craze I could buy direct from Glock and have my gun shipped to my office within 2 weeks.

With the bad rep glock is getting in the mil and LE community, and so many departments dropping glock altogether, you can count on glock not hooking anyone up with them first for awhile.
    ARJ Defense ad

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    While I totally agree with your first statement, and generally don't like reading a bunch of complaining about it, I actually appreciate someone like Clay letting me know what a particular dealer is doing so that I don't waste my time visiting or calling them if I am looking to buy something.

+1 On this! I think Clay was only voicing his opinion and in no way thought or implied the store should change their pricing for him. I also appreciate the heads-up on the stores that are over pricing so I won't bother visiting their establishment.

OKie556

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    What is the "bad rep" based on?

I'm wondering too. Actually, I was under the impression it was going the other way. Departments dropping other brands and moving to Glocks. Price being a big factor, but the durability probably figures in too. Military, I think is still pretty much standardized on the Beretta, although Seals are issued Sig P226 and believe some special forces are using Glocks. Love them or hate them, you've got to appreciate the simplicity of the design, the durability and reliability of the Glock.

But to the original premise of the thread. $700 is way too much.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    From my understanding the USCG's been buying up all of the Glock's they can get their hands on...I just went into a shop here in Commiefornia , however, and they had at least 15 Glocks on display...from the low $750's...I think I'm gonna...GGGLLLOOOOCCCKKKKK!!!!

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    I'm wondering too. Actually, I was under the impression it was going the other way. Departments dropping other brands and moving to Glocks. Price being a big factor, but the durability probably figures in too. Military, I think is still pretty much standardized on the Beretta, although Seals are issued Sig P226 and believe some special forces are using Glocks. Love them or hate them, you've got to appreciate the simplicity of the design, the durability and reliability of the Glock.

But to the original premise of the thread. $700 is way too much.

+1, I used a Glock 23 when I was at HCSO, and I have a Glock 22 and Glock 27 now with the FEDS and my Glock's have never jammed. They are reliable and very easy to shoot.

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    What is the "bad rep" based on?

Mostly it has been issues with the G22, and Glock reps around the country. Glock has always had problems with weapons with calibers larger than 9mm. Quite a few departments still have a bad taste in their mouth from the frame reliability issues of the G21. Now departments are having problems with G22's, and G23's brand new out of the box having failure to feed and failure to fire issues, and these issues are not getting resolved by Glock. Thus departments are having to foot the bill to either get the problems fixed, or go to different weapon systems entirely. There have been similar issues with G31's and G32's. Mostly the G31 and 32 problems have been reported from New Mexico.

It really seems to be a QC issue, as you will se 21's, 23's, 31's, and 32's chew through anything, then you'll see other go tits up. Some work, some don't. It's a crap shoot. The malfunction issue aside, the biggest problem people are having with Glock is the failure to communicate with them. Some of the reps around the country are no help as well as they just spout the company rhetoric that "our guns don't fail" BS. Florida, Indiana, and New Mexico are great places to look at. I haven't heard of any problems out of Texas.

The issues with the .40cal G22, and G23 are very well documented. On paper and on the net. A well worded search will give you all the info you want from LE forums. I don't have any first hand experience with Glocks other than the G19, and never had a problem, and G21 with major problems. However the issues with the G22 and 23 have been brought to my attention by industry professionals, professional LE, and people I trust my life to daily.

On a side note:
    The 9mm Glocks have always seemed to perform well. If an SF unit is using a pistol and it has to be 9mm, it's glock or the M9. If they get to use a .45, it's a 1911, HK, Sig, or M&P. Not glock.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Well, I hope my wife's G23 doesn't end up with any issues...so far so good....Hey, how can you tell the difference between gens of the Glock...I can't tell, they're all ugly as hell...LMAO...but seriously, are there big differences. Here's hers for example:

S4300010.jpg

I know it's hard, but try to ignore the beautiful SA XD in the top left corner....

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I paid $499 for my G23 about 4 years ago. Prices have gone up since then I'm sure. Haven't even looked at a Glock since then.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well, I guess that makes my compensated G23 either a Gen 2.5 or 3, but I have never had any trouble with it....

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Well, I guess that makes my compensated G23 either a Gen 2.5 or 3, but I have never had any trouble with it....

I have heard that the best thing to do for reliability when you buy a Glock is to let it sit for 10 years before you start firing it.

(inside joke)

Top Bottom