• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I went to pick up my holster from Hoffners here in Houston the other day. After I got it I went next door to Top Gun (against my better judgement). I have always thought of that place as high priced. So I head to the Glock case to see if they had a Gen 4 so i could just see one in person. I see a Gen 3 Model 23 and check out the price tag. Now the 23 is my favorite Glock, but the price they wanted is pure robbery......699.99!!!!! I damn near laughed out loud!!!!
    Gun Zone Deals

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Supply and Demand. If you can't afford it or don't want to pay it, move on.

I don't get all of the folks complaining about prices. Should they let YOU set THEIR prices?

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I am by no means a Glock fan, but I do like the stipling on the grips... I THINK we have them priced at about 549.....

Stangfan93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    If by Gen 4 Glock you mean the new crap Glock is doing to the slide serrations and what they are doing to the grip to increase grip. Terrible. Just terrible. Seen it the other day.

But yeah thats crazy.

ebk06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Austin

I don't get all of the folks complaining about prices. Should they let YOU set THEIR prices?

I personally havent had a hard time finding any glocks so the suply and demand must be about equal around here. For $700 for a glock i believe you have the right to complain lol. Not that they arent good guns, my g/f has one and i actually like it. I think people are just getting more and more irritated by the price gouging. I know I am but I don't make posts about it but I fully understand the reasoning.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Most places, including Cabela's where I work, tend to have G23's around $529-549. The adjustable sight version is usually a bit more like $569-589, and the night sight version is around $609-629. Even if it was the night sight version, that would still be a bit high though it would make a bit more sense. If that was the standard fixed sight model, someone there needs to put the crack pipe down. ;) Some pistols like Glocks are in demand a bit at the moment, but not AR level demand. ;)

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    We paid $530 for my wife's G23 last month...Ofcourse as noobs, we still don't know if that's a good price or not, but she's happy with it and that's what matters in the end.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX

Simple observation and nothing else. There is no way in hell i would pay 700.00 bucks for a Glock anyways. I am sure they do get people who pay it. More power to them. If you don't think it is a big deal you can pick it up from them if you like. Interesting outlook that you have on things.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    If by Gen 4 Glock you mean the new crap Glock is doing to the slide serrations and what they are doing to the grip to increase grip. Terrible. Just terrible. Seen it the other day.

But yeah thats crazy.

That is the only reason i went in there to look. I agree with you. I was not impressed with the new changes. If my career change to LE works out I will be getting a Gen 3 for sure. As for now, I love my 27!

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston

While I totally agree with your first statement, and generally don't like reading a bunch of complaining about it, I actually appreciate someone like Clay letting me know what a particular dealer is doing so that I don't waste my time visiting or calling them if I am looking to buy something.

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    I agree with the OP

I was about to walk in to Top Gun just yesterday. I'm looking to rent/test the g19 and xd 9sc. Thanks for the heads up. What's up with brash comments people leave. It's not like you bought it and are now complaining about it.

Do they have a good range?

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I was about to walk in to Top Gun just yesterday. I'm looking to rent/test the g19 and xd 9sc. Thanks for the heads up. What's up with brash comments people leave. It's not like you bought it and are now complaining about it.

Do they have a good range?

TXSUT, thank you sir. That is all i was trying to do. I figured if we all help each other out it will save a drive when looking. i was not complaining because I was not looking to buy. I just noticed the price they had on the G23s. GIJohn, I do use their range now and then. It is a good range and nice since it is about 5 minuted from my current work. it makes for a good lunch trip!

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    They can charge whatever they think they can get away with...this is the free market. You are also free to not buy it (like me).

However..its Top Gun...they're located in the heart of Houston's high rent district..what were you expecting? Any shop in that general vicininty is going to be very high (like a certain huge store down on Richmond). Many of these stores in expensive parts of town have huge costs and some cater to wealthy clientele that do not necessarily shop around but blindly pay whatever somebody asks for an item like this. I know...its hard to beleive people do this, but if you can afford a 800 grand or more residence in that part of town...you're not fretting the cost of a handgun! LOL

Why act so shocked at Top Gun's prices? I can tell by their location that I am not going to like their prices on anything...so I have never been in the place. This is not hard to figure out - its Comsumerism 101, really.

Its like walking into a car dealership inside the Loop and being all shocked at their prices versus what you can get outside the city limits....hello! LOL

- brickboy240

CJS3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Katy

Actually, we do set their prices. The only reason the price is that high, is because that's the price they get.

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    5 Deputies from my office ordered GLOCK 27's ($398.00 each) direct from Glock Smyrna, GA and they finally came in today after 2 months of waiting. Glock usually fills LEO orders first, but the supply and demand has put them in a bind. Before the Obama craze I could buy direct from Glock and have my gun shipped to my office within 2 weeks.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    I still say Glock sounds like something you do after binge drinking....ohhh....uggghhh...glooocckkkkk...

Top Bottom