Capitol Armory ad

Are you prepared after the defense incident to interact with the police?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Actually my statement is exactly what most experts tell you to say. I would not admit that I shot anyone either.
    This taken from one of your previous posts:

Of course the first and only statement would be that I feared for my life, which is why I both fired the weapon and why I left.

Please show us sources or links, to any experts that advise in leaving the scene after a self defense shooting is advisable.

Even Kyle Rittenhouse didn't leave the scene after shooting three people in self defense, and it can be even opined in hindsight now, that there were plenty of enemy combatants around him at the time, especially given the circumstances of the "protesters" and their actions that night.

mmeece

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2020
    Gainesville
    This taken from one of your previous posts:

Of course the first and only statement would be that I feared for my life, which is why I both fired the weapon and why I left.

Please show us sources or links, to any experts that advise in leaving the scene after a self defense shooting is advisable.

Even Kyle Rittenhouse didn't leave the scene after shooting three people in self defense, and it can be even opined in hindsight now, that there were plenty of enemy combatants around him at the time, especially given the circumstances of the "protesters" and their actions that night.
    In fear for your safety would be the only reason to leave
    Didn't you say the same thing? I never said anyone advised leaving, just speaking to saying that you feared for your life. Again, very different scenario when you are in a crowded, public area.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    What are you talking about? All I said was "I feared for my life"

Which by your admission here, is a pre-planned statement.

Thus making it perjury, as you are saying that because you believe "most experts tell you to say"

You are a prosecution dream case.

mmeece

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2020
    Gainesville
    Which by your admission here, is a pre-planned statement.

Thus making it perjury, as you are saying that because you believe "most experts tell you to say"

You are a prosecution dream case.
    Naturally, you're going to put that in your own words. Have to agree to disagree. Hopefully neither of us ever has to find out how we'd react.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Didn't you say the same thing? I never said anyone advised leaving, just speaking to saying that you feared for your life. Again, very different scenario when you are in a crowded, public area.
    No, I didn't say the same thing, if you quote in entirety, my original post. That I agreed with @Renegade if safety were the reason and a concern, going to the nearest LE agency.

Please provide these experts to where you are gaining your perspective on this.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Naturally, you're going to put that in your own words. Have to agree to disagree. Hopefully neither of us ever has to find out how we'd react.

You need a lawyer now.

You do not even know the legal justifications for use of Deadly Force in Texas.

I have never understood why folks think they need to run their mouth after a shooting. All you can do is make shit worse. And everything you have said you would do, makes it worse.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Do you not think that would be exactly what a prosecutor is going to do with your actions, and statements after the fact of shooting someone, in self defense as you say.

mmeece

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2020
    Gainesville
    You need a lawyer now.

You do not even know the legal justifications for use of Deadly Force in Texas.

I have never understood why folks think they need to run their mouth after a shooting. All you can do is make shit worse. And everything you have said you would do, makes it worse.
    That's where we agree. Nothing you say outside of the fact that you were in fear for your life is going to help.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    That's where we agree. Nothing you say outside of the fact that you were in fear for your life is going to help.
    The more you talk, the more you bury yourself and move much closer to being arrested and charged and then dealing with a trial.

Rule #1. Keep your mouth shut. Any lawyer worth their pay, will tell you to keep your mouth shut. A lawyer once in your presence, will advise you on how to answer the investigators questions.

mmeece

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2020
    Gainesville
    The more you talk, the more you bury yourself and move much closer to being arrested and charged and then dealing with a trial.

Rule #1. Keep your mouth shut. Any lawyer worth their pay, will tell you to keep your mouth shut. A lawyer once in your presence, will advise you on how to answer the investigators questions.
    Exactly!

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    How so? Assuming it's true of course.

What is your goal, to beat the ride or to beat the rap?

Why say anything? What makes you think you need to say something? You think you are going to talk your way out of getting arrested? What makes you think you have to say something minutes after an encounter, as opposed to the next day with your lawyer present?

Post 69:

"You do not even know the legal justifications for use of Deadly Force in Texas."

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I was agreeing with keeping your mouth shut.
    But you left the scene after the shooting, and at no point during this present discussion have you clarified or explained why leaving the scene is a good idea.

I have provided several scenarios showing why I think leaving the scene is a really bad idea, but what is your reasoning it's a good idea and why?

Nor have you provided any sources or links showing these experts backing up your statements.

Top Bottom