Patriot Mobile

Are you prepared after the defense incident to interact with the police?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    DC,

I like his explanations - Clear/Concise

Thanks for the video - I'm going to start looking for his YT vids too!
    I assume you're talking about Massad Ayoob. AFAIK, he doesn't have a YouTube channel so you'll be looking for guest appearances. For example, he's a semi regular on the Wilson Combat channel.

I often suggest people read his books. The video shorts he's done are more current but "In the Gravest Extreme", even though it's over 30 years old, will always be a classic.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    simple you keep your mouth shut and let your attorney tell you what to day! rember the cops are not your friend or savior they are going to be looking at you as either suspect or a criminal
    Good answer. There is door bell camera video in YouTube with lawyers reviewing the homeowner's action when two cops come to door, see below. There is another video from months ago when ATF agents come to guy's door wanting to check guns that lawyers have reviewed.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Ben,

I was referencing Tom Grieve, former prosecutor and defense attorney.

Seems to really know 'his stuff' about defense shooting and what to do after and what not to do...if such a horror ever befalls you.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Ben,

Seems to really know 'his stuff' about defense shooting and what to do after and what not to do...if such a horror ever befalls you.
    Tom is frequent subject matter expert on the USCCA channel explaining various legal matters.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Ben,

My mistake. But I stand by my book recommendation. :)

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Tom is frequent subject matter expert on the USCCA channel explaining various legal matter. Here he is being interviewed what happens if you don't call 911 after a defensive gun use.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    On the matter to talk or not to talk to police after a defensive gun use here are two videos on the topic. One is between Attorneys on Retainer chief and Massod Ayoob. The second is Massod Ayoob from the Wilson Combat Channel who references the first video in his comments. It would seem advisable to consider what if anything one does BEFORE it all goes to hell. Talk it over with trusted advisors (friends, family, lawyer) for their take on your decisions.

I am inclined to say just enough to show I am the good guy and not a threat and will cooperate AFTER talking with my lawyer.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Watch the Armed Attorneys channel discuss what if anything to say to police after a defensive gun incident.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Does everyone have an attorney for everything they do in life?
    Life is simple and affordable if you just let life happen rather than blanket yourself from yourself. 63 years strong and never a mishap. If one should happen now I ain't gonna get upset or change my ways but that's just how I live.

Life's been good to me.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Here is more on the subject of what to say/not say to 911 dispatcher after defensive gun incident. Along with lessons from a road rage story

A road rage incident in Palm Beach last Thursday illustrates why lawyers tell those who carry a gun for self-defense to control their anger and just learn to let stupid things go rather than let road rage get the best of them.

“Usually, it is the gun being flashed to de-escalate. And the client thinks that because it’s de-escalated it’s done with, so he keeps driving. Then the other person calls 911, and when the client gets home the cops are showing up or they’re pulling him over down the road because the other guy gets his tag number.”

So Hyundai Man was smart to make that first call. Honda Man wasn’t.

But from a legal standpoint, Hyundai Man, did at least one smart thing here. He made sure he was the first one to call 911. Self-defense lawyers often encourage their clients involved in any road rage incident where a gun becomes involved or any act of violence is committed to be the first one to call police as that is typically who police listen to more.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    As I understand it, these lawyer outfits such as USCCA, Armed Attornys, etc require membership and annual fees for that membership... Does this mean that, if someone not a member needing their assistance inquired, they would not help or what?

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    As I understand it, these lawyer outfits such as USCCA, Armed Attornys, etc require membership and annual fees for that membership... Does this mean that, if someone not a member needing their assistance inquired, they would not help or what?

That's the way it works. For example Attorneys on Retainer say one must be a enrolled client BEFORE the incident right up front.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Further discussion on what if anything to say when making the 911 call after a defensive gun use. Read more at Truth about Guns. Article courtesy of U.S. LawShield (Disclosure: U.S. LawShield is a sister company of TTAG.)

Since even a justified shooting is likely to leave you frantic and agitated, one defense attorney with U.S. Law Shield I spoke with advises you to keep things simple and to the point, using the acronym: NASH’D. This stands for:

NAME,

ADDRESS,

SHORT TRUTHFUL STATEMENT of what happened,

ask for HELP,

and DISCONNECT.

Top Bottom