• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimlakeside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Pottsboro, Texas
    That is an odd statement to me. No insult here, but why would you let a rat into your house saying "If he starts getting into the food I will deal with him". I think the best bet would be to just not let the rat in!!! I am doing this now by opposing Obama and am already a life member of the NRA. It will be a lot harder for him to take away our gun rights if he is not in office!

No insult taken. What we are having is a spirited debate about opinions that are very important to us. Notice none of us, including myself, is spouting any facts, just what we THINK is going to happen.

The reason I would let a rat in the house (Obama) is because I think (again just my opinion) that McCain is a bigger and more dangerous rat. I am certainly concerned about Obama's view on gun ownership, but I am more concerned that McCain will put more focus on military answers that will just keep getting this country into trouble.
    Target Sports

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    No insult taken. What we are having is a spirited debate about opinions that are very important to us. Notice none of us, including myself, is spouting any facts, just what we THINK is going to happen.

The reason I would let a rat in the house (Obama) is because I think (again just my opinion) that McCain is a bigger and more dangerous rat. I am certainly concerned about Obama's view on gun ownership, but I am more concerned that McCain will put more focus on military answers that will just keep getting this country into trouble.

All I have to say to this is, vote 3rd party. I hope people start realizing the importance of not doing the "lesser of two evils" voting.

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    LOL, This reminds me of something my 76 year old Dad said the other day. He said that we should elect all Democrats into office. Set a standard as to how we want the country to be after 8 years. If the Dems have not achieved this goal, then take them out and have them all shot. Then let the Republicans have a try. If they fail, they suffer the same fate. He figures that our politicians may work to actually accomplish things with the proper incentive!

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    All I have to say to this is, vote 3rd party. I hope people start realizing the importance of not doing the "lesser of two evils" voting.

I would agree however the danger imposed by a Obama presidency and the fact we have no 3th party candidate who could win requires I vote for the lessor of two evils, again.:(

National health care will not work, we have over 300 million people about
    a 1/3 foreign born, wages and education are going down, greed and social
    engineering teaching in public schools combined is and will bring us down.
    People appear to be looking for a savior in Obama and simply he cannot
    do what he says nor is there enough money to do so, in fact in my opinion
    it will only increase the speed at which we are becoming third world like.
    Personally I don't want that for my children and grandchildren. What
    America needs are patriots who will once again put America first, we have
    spent the past 30 years putting America down and we as a people are paying the price.

Jimlakeside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Pottsboro, Texas
    LOL, This reminds me of something my 76 year old Dad said the other day. He said that we should elect all Democrats into office. Set a standard as to how we want the country to be after 8 years. If the Dems have not achieved this goal, then take them out and have them all shot. Then let the Republicans have a try. If they fail, they suffer the same fate. He figures that our politicians may work to actually accomplish things with the proper incentive!

I like it!!! in a nonviolent way

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I would agree however the danger imposed by a Obama presidency and the fact we have no 3th party candidate who could win requires I vote for the lessor of two evils, again.:(

National health care will not work, we have over 300 million people about
    a 1/3 foreign born, wages and education are going down, greed and social
    engineering teaching in public schools combined is and will bring us down.
    People appear to be looking for a savior in Obama and simply he cannot
    do what he says nor is there enough money to do so, in fact in my opinion
    it will only increase the speed at which we are becoming third world like.
    Personally I don't want that for my children and grandchildren. What
    America needs are patriots who will once again put America first, we have
    spent the past 30 years putting America down and we as a people are paying the price.

The way I look at it, the ball needs to get rolling. Numbers for third-party candidates need to start going up so that more people will see it's OK to vote third-party. It will take a few elections, but if voting third-party becomes more popular they will continually have a better chance of winning. I keep hoping that the turnout for third-party candidates will be considerably higher this election and the people who believe they have to vote the lesser of two evils will take notice.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I keep hoping that the turnout for third-party candidates will be considerably higher this election and the people who believe they have to vote the lesser of two evils will take notice.

I agree I would have supported Ron Paul in a third party run, the two party system no longer represents me, we have moved so far to the left and away from the constitution that we no longer know who we are as a nation. Soon we if do not get a grip on our country all is lost while the land mass will be here America as we knew it will be gone.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I agree I would have supported Ron Paul in a third party run, the two party system no longer represents me, we have moved so far to the left and away from the constitution that we no longer know who we are as a nation. Soon we if do not get a grip on our country all is lost while the land mass will be here America as we knew it will be gone.

I would have supported Paul had he not revealed his nuttier side. The problem with most capital "L" Libertarians (even if they're Republicans) is they're about 70% Constitutional Originalist, pro-personal responsibility and accountability, pro-small government, pro-"get out of my way and let me be the best I can be," and about 30% black helicopter, legalize pot, flying saucers in secret hangar NUTS!

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    I would be very interested in seeing you support for this statement. I support Obama and I have no intention of destroying anything. Also I am an avid gun owner and 60 years old.

I will join the fight to block any attempt to reduce gun ownership - who knows I might even join the NRA if President Obama tries to limit gun ownership.

The Chicago Bulls riot of June 1992, the Los Angeles riots of April 1992, the New Orleans looting of August 2005...that is the support I have.

Join what fight? If you willingly participate in the election of Obama, you are all but signing away our gun rights.

You might join the NRA if Obama tries something...way to be reactive instead of proactive :rolleyes:

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom