• ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Details?

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

I was in the hospital for one of my every couple of month stays. I have a blood clotting disorder that I found out by ending up in the hospital for internal bleeding when I was 12, and has given me secondary problems. So I'm on blood thinners and was in to have a stent installed into my common bile duct. While in, I started bleeding uncontrollably on the night of valentines day. Blood coming out of my mouth, nose, and I thought eyes, but am not sure. It just wouldn't stop. So I lost a lot of blood and that combined with meds makes for respiratory failure and cardiac arrest. I don't even remember laying down.

Next thing I know, I see a vast white world. No Jesus, or dead relatives, just vast white with white figures on my left, right, and front. I literally thought I had been abducted by aliens. I didn't know who, when, where, why, or how I was. I just knew I was terrified and in pain. As my brain is starting to work again, I see a man's face. Everything is still white, but this man's face was in color. He's telling me to calm down. I still don't know what the heck is going on. I was panicking.

All I hear is an oscillating and buzzing sound that was later explained to be in my head as a result of the defibrillator. Then I hear a man telling me he has to remove my pants cause I peed in them. So now I'm laying there butt naked with all these nurses around me, as my brain is starting to recognize color. I still don't know who I am. The nurses told me later that they kept losing me till one of them had the mind to give me a reason to live. She yelled, "you have two beautiful daughters, what are their names?" I couldn't remember for a minute, but instantly knew who I was and that something went wrong. Finally I yelled out their names and asked what the heck was going on.

It turned out, I had shallow breathing at around 11 PM. They say by a few hours later, my breathing and heart stopped. At 7, a nurse who'd been my nurse since I was 12 went to check on me before ending her shift and found me gray and stiff. So they gave me all kinds of drugs and defibed my ass. After coming back and going out several times, I finally decided to stay for a while longer cause I love my girls. Still have the scar from one of the defib patches on my ribs.

But that one was the worst. I was also told that when I was 15 I died on the operating table. I didn't experience the painful fight to come back that time though. This may seem kind of crazy, but with a lengthy history of my very bad health issues, it's all routine to me. I've been very close to death more times than I can count, so it seems like a welcome thing to me.

So I have no fear of death and would MUCH rather die in a battle for all things good, to help my fellow patriot and give my children a fighting chance in life. It certainly beats dying in a bed, due to my illnesses. It would be nice to do it on my terms. To give my life for someone, or some great cause. I love life and would prefer to keep on living, but if it came down to fighting for my fellow man and families future, I'm not the type to hope someone else get's it done for me. I'd be out there with some of the guys from this thread, death in the back of my mind, and freedom in the foreground.

God has blessed me over and over and over and over, with new life. I would lay it down for him, my family, and you all, at a moments notice. I"M READY.
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    That's a hell of a thing, J. Glad to know you're staying positive about your condition and happy to have you here with us. God bless ya man.

-TXG-

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    That's a hell of a thing, J. Glad to know you're staying positive about your condition and happy to have you here with us. God bless ya man.

-TXG-

Thank you, and God bless YOU. It's easy to stay positive amongst folks on this thread who have their own fair share of adversities, but push though and show no signs of giving up. Many personal stories and conversations I've had with members continue to inspire me. We have a great community of strong, and good willed folks, through our disagreements and bickering, and I'd show up, as sure as the sun will rise that people from this forum will be there to have each other's backs. The thing is, it's easy for me. I'm desensitized to the concept of death although I am afraid of leaving my kids without a daddy, or wife a widow. The real courage is in the men and women who will show up, that ARE afraid of death, and have that same fear of leaving their families behind. I hope the subject matter in this thread is delayed as much as possible, but if... when it's time, there're going to be some amazing people, doing amazing, selfless things. I'd be honored to be among you.

Last edited:

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    LOL, Texas is SCREWED if that happens. Every ambulatory vunnable in the crap states will be headed here. Our southern border will be the least of our problems.
    Michael Berry fan?

Texas would have plenty of its own riots to deal with. Plenty of welfare staters in the urban areas who would take to the streets as soon as they saw their free ride in jeopardy.

I love Texas and it is a strong state, but it would not be a smooth transition and probably not all that peaceful.

Bracken: When The Music Stops ? How America?s Cities May Explode In Violence | Western Rifle Shooters Association
    From Matt Bracken:
    In response to recent articles in mainstream military journals discussing the use of the U.S. Army to quell insurrections on American soil, I offer an alternate vision of the future. Instead of a small town in the South as the flash point, picture instead a score of U.S. cities in the thrall of riots greater than those experienced in Los Angeles in 1965 (Watts), multiple cities in 1968 (MLK assassination), and Los Angeles again in 1992 (Rodney King). New Yorkers can imagine the 1977 blackout looting or the 1991 Crown Heights disturbance. In fact, the proximate spark of the next round of major riots in America could be any from a long list cribbed from our history.

J -
    Glad you're still with us.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom