• Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Uprising in Ukraine (Photos and Videos)

This has been going on in the Ukraine for about a week now. From what I can tell, it all started with the government trying to pass a bill that makes protesting illegal, so there was a protest at the capitol because of it...which escalated into this. My question is-are you ready if something like this takes off in America?

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I saw one guy with a hockey goalie mask on. That's actually not a bad idea. I may start keeping an eye out for one. You could fit that over a gas mask, I would imagine.

recoveringyankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Jollyville, TX
    it's been going on for several weeks and the start was when Putin gave the Ukraine gov a boatload of cash to not join the EU, and the passage of a bunch of autocratic laws. One of these laws is the prohibition on helmets thus all the funny things on people's heads, I saw one guy wearing colander.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    it's been going on for several weeks and the start was when Putin gave the Ukraine gov a boatload of cash to not join the EU, and the passage of a bunch of autocratic laws. One of these laws is the prohibition on helmets thus all the funny things on people's heads, I saw one guy wearing colander.

comic genius

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    It's a 20 hour drive to Sochi. Think about that. Then think about why you haven't heard about the protests on the evening news.

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    x12ec32.jpg

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Well we already have Free speech zones where our 1st amendment rights can be exercised. Large protests in our capital have been dealt with by military force in the past, reference the Bonus Army and what happened to it when it stepped on the president's toes. So a lot of what is happening over there already has happened here.

I think the worldwide trend is not to attack the groups as much as they have in the past, but identify individuals inside those protests and single them out when they go home, to work, etc. New laws in Thailand, Ukraine, etc. are targeting individuals and using the muscle of the state to stop any disruptive protests.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    We're neither the Ukraine or Argentina, but I think our collapse will be closer to Argentina's. Fortunately many states will be able to rebound on their own economies. States like CA, IL, and NY might see mass rioting like Ukraine, tho...

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    We're neither the Ukraine or Argentina, but I think our collapse will be closer to Argentina's. Fortunately many states will be able to rebound on their own economies. States like CA, IL, and NY might see mass rioting like Ukraine, tho...

There would probably be a bit more rioting than just that, but I definitely agree that many states would be able to come back with relative ease (at least Texas would in my opinion).

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I do like that it seems to be staying in the downtown area of the city. It seems like both sides can go home to rest and then come back and hash it out. If this happened here, I imagine the national guard would surround the compromised area, and move in.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Well we already have Free speech zones where our 1st amendment rights can be exercised. Large protests in our capital have been dealt with by military force in the past, reference the Bonus Army and what happened to it when it stepped on the president's toes. So a lot of what is happening over there already has happened here.

I think the worldwide trend is not to attack the groups as much as they have in the past, but identify individuals inside those protests and single them out when they go home, to work, etc. New laws in Thailand, Ukraine, etc. are targeting individuals and using the muscle of the state to stop any disruptive protests.

the Bonus Army massacre, Kent State and the Ludlow Massacre just to name a few.. the US has a dark history of these things.....

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Its been going on for months. It just has gotten more violent. Watch the Vice documentary on it. More than 2 sides also. Its mostly about Ukraine aligning with EU, Russia or going alone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom