Lynx Defense

Are You Stocked Up For The Coming Depression??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    This is all but guaranteed. What bailout? We got into this mess because idiot's overspent on something they couldn't afford in the first place, with money they didn't have. Then along came bigger idiot's who lent it to them. They can't pay back the loans because what they bought isn't worth what they paid, and to frost the cake, these idiot's can't make the payments because they were stupid enough to agree to a rate they had no control over to begin with. Now the government, who is broke and almost 9 TRILLION in debt already, is going to borrow $700 billion more to do what? Create even more debt by buying bad loans. This we are told, will, "free up more money for lending". To who? To buy what? This is how this whole mess got started. It would be laughable if it wasn't true. You've got 80+% of the people out there with little to no net worth, and they can't make the payments on what they don't already own. We're finished. They piss and moan about Wall Street. They didn't cause this, the idiot's in your and my neighborhoods did. This will get worse than anyone even remotely believes. This entire nations economy will collapse because it is based on nothing but debt that cannot be paid back, and with it much of the worlds economy, except for, you guessed it, our loving buddies, the Muslims in the oil rich Middle East. They'll still be sprinkling gold dust on their Capuchino, while our government borrows more money to purchase paper and ink for the Mint. Better stock up on ammo now! Later, you tell me? Bill T.

I'm starting to stock up, I just started in the wide world of shooting sports, so my supply is pretty low right now. I only have about 150 rounds of .40S&W and 100 rounds of .45ACP. I need more ammo. I'm trying to save up enough money to start buying reloading equipment here really soon also, just for something to do on the weekends when I'm not a guard drill.
    Hurley's Gold

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    I'm waiting for all those "going out of business" sales ...

Seriously, I just bought 50 rds of .45 to add to the 150 I already have ... also have at least 100 rds of .40, .357 and .38, along with 300 rds of 9mm and about 800 rds of .22 ... keeping my guns oiled and ready ... wish I could afford a good lever action rifle; maybe next year if they're still legal after the Messiah gets into office ...

Kbear

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    I think we are far from total collapse, but what the heck I’ll play anyway. Stop planning your survival strategy by watching lone wolf commando and zombie movies. Take a lesson from countries that have spiraled into anarchy: Lebanon in the 80’s, Liberia in the 90’s, El Salvador, Haiti, the former Yugoslavian Republic, and of course Iraq.

In the cases above and others not mentioned those who survived banned together into small and sometimes large armed groups (no only did these groups survive they did a pretty good job of killing the competition). If there is a total breakdown and your plan is to hold up with a box of MREs, Spam, oatmeal, your trusty AR/AK/G3/M1 and 10,000 rnds of ammo you’re probably screwed. A group of 15 to 25 armed guys will come to houses one by one and take what they want. When they get to yours they’ll burn it down and move on.

Buy your guns and ammo and prepare to share it with those in your neighborhood will and able to defend a small cluster of houses in your area. Become familiar with entrance and exit points, physical barriers, and egress routes in your neighborhood. Become familiar with and prepare to teach others to patrol and set up check points/road blocks.

Bad guys seem to be born with the gang/mob mentality. Good guys need to learn it.

BTW if you do what I recommend above, you have far too much time on your hands.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    BTW if you do what I recommend above, you have far too much time on your hands.

Or have spent time in one of the above mentioned countries, and now cant help but think about things along those lines.... It just comes natural to me now to think about entry and egress, lanes of approach and fire etc......

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    You know, if a person really pays attention to the actual facts, actually seeks out real knowledge and learns about past world history and current history, and learns about any/every other facet of society out there (politics, economics, etc).....it is certainly not hard to get a feeling of impending doom coming. I mean literally, if you look around you, there is an endless number of things to drive a person crazy, and really get you disheartened about any real future. But you know what? You can beat the system. Just know that the vast majority of all of this stuff is entirely out of the control of nearly all of us. Yes, a select few can always make phenomenal changes to the system and for the future of our country, mankind, etc but for the most part most of us can't effect much change. The real eye-opener is when you come to a point of self realization, and you figure out that IT DOESN'T MATTER. Simply try to be prepared, but get on with your life and stop feeling bad about all of this "impending doom"! I mean it really is that simple. There are days when I feel down, usually after reading or watching the news and seeing what new BS is being stuffed down our throats. Though, it helps to realize that you are entirely in control of your own emotions. Forget about all that crap, you can't control it. Just be aware, be prepared, look out for your self interests (not at the expense of others'), and get on with your life!

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    You know, if a person really pays attention to the actual facts, actually seeks out real knowledge and learns about past world history and current history, and learns about any/every other facet of society out there (politics, economics, etc).....it is certainly not hard to get a feeling of impending doom coming. I mean literally, if you look around you, there is an endless number of things to drive a person crazy, and really get you disheartened about any real future. But you know what? You can beat the system. Just know that the vast majority of all of this stuff is entirely out of the control of nearly all of us. Yes, a select few can always make phenomenal changes to the system and for the future of our country, mankind, etc but for the most part most of us can't effect much change. The real eye-opener is when you come to a point of self realization, and you figure out that IT DOESN'T MATTER. Simply try to be prepared, but get on with your life and stop feeling bad about all of this "impending doom"! I mean it really is that simple. There are days when I feel down, usually after reading or watching the news and seeing what new BS is being stuffed down our throats. Though, it helps to realize that you are entirely in control of your own emotions. Forget about all that crap, you can't control it. Just be aware, be prepared, look out for your self interests (not at the expense of others'), and get on with your life!

I agree. I don't bother worrying about it. I just move on, and continue with my normal day to day activities.

drj3828

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Grimes County, TX
    My father lived through the first one and has told me on several ocasions that the country folk survivied it and that the city type folks are the ones that where hardest hit. He stated that they had food and other items needed for survival(they where small farmers). I live in the country and raise chickens pigs and cows so as far as food goes I am pretty well off. I have my own water well and have the means to pump with mannual labor. I have a wood burning stove and heat.
    I guess it all boils down to the old Hank Williams Jr. soung "Country Boy Can Survive!"
    By the way my father lives about 50 yards from me, His health is not to great and that is one of the big concerns with me at the moment.
    He survived the first depression and WW II and other life threating issues but now that he is in his 80's it is not so easy on him.

That's my 2 cents worth!
    DRJ

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Its usually easier on the country folks due to most country folks know how to take care of themselves, and live off the land and better manage their spending and other habits, where as most city folks live from day to day, mismanage everything from money to time, and many wouldn't have the slightest clue what hard manual labor is nor would they even think of getting dirty.

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Wow do i feel naked. I just moved out here a few months ago and had to sell almost everything to do it. All but 3 guns. Mossy, remmy 700 and my XD45. I also had to sell most of my ammo. I just counted it a few days ago. 1 box of 308, about 30 slugs and a few rounds of buckshot. And if you can believe it about 50 rounds of hydrashock 45 ammo. Thats it. Man i need to find some deals quick. C'mon gun show!!!

Top Bottom