Lynx Defense

Arizona's 'Sheriff Joe' Arpaio Threatens To Punish Unpatriotic Inmates With No Food

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    He does his job very well. Follows all the laws regarding prisoners. Jail should be uncomfortable.
    If he was doing a bad job, he wouldn't be reelected

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Arizona's 'Sheriff Joe' Arpaio Threatens To Punish Unpatriotic Inmates With N...

LOL. The people who keep voting for him are probably the same people who keep voting for John McCain.

This Made me laugh.

I like the sheriff. I really don't know much about him, but be pisses off liberals. And I like people who piss off liberals...

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    He does his job very well. Follows all the laws regarding prisoners. Jail should be uncomfortable.
    If he was doing a bad job, he wouldn't be reelected

A lot of those prisoners are people who haven't been convicted of a crime, and haven't even been to court yet.

Is Obama doing a good job? 'Cause he sure got reelected...

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    heriff_joe_arpaio_for_president_bumper_sticker-r6e71d5a435f143aeb02968af41fe42e9_v9wht_8byvr_512.jpg

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Its kind of foolish to me. Most inmates act like children. Tell them not to mess with something and you just made a new rule to spend your time enforcing. Not saying the inmates should be free from having to view the flag. Fly them in the middle of the yard or whatever but pragmatically this doesnt make sense. Friend of mine works in a maximim security prison, yuck.

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    A lot of those prisoners are people who haven't been convicted of a crime, and haven't even been to court yet.

Is Obama doing a good job? 'Cause he sure got reelected...
    there is a difference in local and national elections.
    obama didn't win the state, but won the election. the people in his county think he is doing a good job, so they reelected him.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I think he is an attention whore. He's the kind of guy that you like what he thinks, but it would be embarrassing to be associated with him.
    And I agree with the notion that just because people vote for somebody, doesn't mean they are good.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    there is a difference in local and national elections.
    obama didn't win the state, but won the election. the people in his county think he is doing a good job, so they reelected him.

Elections are elections. Arpaio takes the majority of votes in his county, Obama got the majority of votes in the country. I mean, if you want, I can crank the scope down and find smaller vote-count "winners" that anybody with a brain would consider unelectable. For example... Maricopa County has a population of a bit over 6.5 million people. The 18th congressional district here in Texas contains 650K and change, so about ten percent of the population of Arpaio's stomping grounds.

And who does the 18th insist on electing over and over? Sheila Jackson Lee.

The size of the voter roll doesn't matter when it comes to the quality of the candidates elected. At the small end, it'd be ridiculously easy to point out mayors and city council members around the nation that are complete wastes of protein.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    So $#@!ing what? Because it's public property there's now some legal grey area as to whether or not anyone can destroy it?

Yeah, I was going to have a problem with it from the headline, but then I read it. If you deface public property, you should expect to be punished. If you want to not have a flag on something, get your own thing and don't have a flag on it.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Yep; that's a self propelled howitzer, not a tank. ;)
    I think London's criticisms are valid, however. I like Sheriff Joe's moxy, but he takes things a bit far in my opinion.

Sorry. I wasn't artillery/cavalry/whatever the Hell they're calling themselves now. :p

Top Bottom