Venture Surplus ad

Arkansas: Pregnant woman who killed intruder in justified shooting now faces felony gun charge

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/pregnant-...ustified-shooting-now-faces/story?id=57501792

A pregnant woman who shot and killed an intruder who attacked her in her Arkansas home is facing felony gun possession charges -- even though authorities ruled that the shooting was justified -- due to a prior marijuana conviction.
    On Feb. 1, 2017, Noble had pleaded guilty to felony possession of marijuana with purpose to deliver and felony possession of drug paraphernalia, and was given a five-year suspended sentence that included a condition that she "not possess or use any firearms," Shue said.

The incident occurred in June 2016, ABC Fort Smith affiliate KHBS reported. Noble told the station that she was in the car with other people when police found drugs inside the car, but no one claimed them so everyone in the car received the same charges.

A petition to revoke Noble's suspended sentence has been filed, Shue said.

From the video on the article the piece of shit prosecutor released a statement that said, something along the lines of "a person has the right to defend themselves but this woman should have called 911."

Apparently this is the prosecutor.
    http://www.swtimes.com/news/20180228/sebastian-county-prosecutor-announces-re-election-bid
    Venture Surplus ad

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I see no problem charging a felon with a gun. She should not be charged with killing the dude.

I also have no problem with them throwing that other chick in jail for casting a ballot in the presidential election as a felon.

If you don't want to go to jail don't break the law.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    I see no problem charging a felon with a gun. She should not be charged with killing the dude.

I also have no problem with them throwing that other chick in jail for casting a ballot in the presidential election as a felon.

If you don't want to go to jail don't break the law.

Self defense and thus the right to keep and bear arms is a human right. The 2nd amendment is clear "Shall not be infringed," there is no asterisk next to it or any list of Constitutional exceptions despite what politicians and some judges would have us believe.

billyb4u64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2017
    Self defense and thus the right to keep and bear arms is a human right. The 2nd amendment is clear "Shall not be infringed," there is no asterisk next to it or any list of Constitutional exceptions despite what politicians and some judges would have us believe.
    I'll have to remember that fact thanks !

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Animals have rights, too! Seriously, y'all don't see the problem here?

She WAS A FELON BREAKING THE LAW!!! Not every one gets a gun. VOTING IS A RIGHT. GUN OWNERSHIP IS A RIGHT. WALKING THE STREETS FREE IS A RIGHT.

But convicted crimminals lose some of them!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Therefore, since the right to self defense is a human right, and self-defense can only be accomplished with a firearm, all my illegal immigrant friends and murdering criminal neighbors 2A rights ‘shall not be infringed’.

I’m sorry; this is one argument I will never agree with.

Edited for typos.

Last edited:

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    As part of your agreement to get parole/early release whatever as a felon you AGREE to give up your rights to lots of things. Including firearms the right to vote and a search warrant to enter your residence. You dont want to pay that price to get out early then dont agree and stay in jail.

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX

Your right to life, liberty and property can be taken. It says so right in the constitution. As long as you get your day in court, which she did.

Sorry, she has a right to defend herself but she knew she wasn't allowed to possess a firearm. She'll have to accept the consequences.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Therefore, since the right to self defense is a human right, and self-defend can only be accomplished with a firearm, then since all my illegal immigrant friends and murdering criminal neighbors ‘shall not be infringed’.

I’m sorry; this is one argument I will never agree with.

It is a human right, and our 2nd amendment rights will be in an even stronger position if this illegal wins his case.
    https://www.breitbart.com/big-gover...-gun-on-sidewalk-claims-2nd-amendment-rights/
    Javier Perez, a 28-year-old illegal alien from Mexico, is claiming that he has Second Amendment rights under the U.S. Constitution and therefore is being unfairly charged with possession of a gun.

In July 2016, Perez allegedly fired a .380-caliber semiautomatic pistol on a public sidewalk in Brooklyn, New York to fight off a rival street gang, according to the New York Daily News.
    Perez and his attorney said he has a Second Amendment right to carry a gun even though he is in the U.S. illegally, telling the New York Daily News:

“The Framers were clear: If they meant citizens, they would have said citizens. But they didn’t,” his defense lawyer, Samuel Jacobson, argued in Brooklyn federal court. “There is no suggestion that there was a concept of ‘illegal alien’ and no suggestion that if you were from a foreign country, you couldn’t bear arms.”

Brooklyn federal prosecutors are furious the case has been allowed to move forward. They argue that Perez has zero Second Amendment rights because he came to the U.S. illegally.

I would be perfectly happy if this illegal wins his case, in the process invalidates New York's anti-gun laws, and then is promptly deported.

So where do you stand on this one? Do you support the federal government and New York state law, or do you support our inalienable human right?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    It is a human right, and our 2nd amendment rights will be in an even stronger position if this illegal wins his case.

I would be perfectly happy if this illegal wins his case, in the process invalidates New York's anti-gun laws, and then is promptly deported.

As I said, this is a subject you and I will not agree on.

I’m fine with that.

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    But once they do their time why should they be punished for the rest of their lives?

John Smith steals $10k from gramma, does 5 years. Why should he never be allowed to hunt or use a firearm for the rest of his life?

She was still on parole though, she wasn't finished doing her time.

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Shouldn't felons be able to walk around with guns for their own protection....
    I think if a non violent felon did their time they should have a path to their rights restored

Last edited:
    Top Bottom