• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I guess we are switching topics again? What does earning the ability to have power over others have anything to do with what happened? Let's call what you posted - respect. During a contact with police, what are the factors you consider on rather the LEO has "earned" the ability to control you? I am curious now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

You were asking whether this guy should go to prison. My response was, because he has been given power and public trust, he should be punished more harshly than an ordinary citizen.

To answer your question, I can't answer it. If I get pulled over or something I have no idea who that person is and he can't show me in 5 minutes. I do appreciate not getting cited however.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Do officers no longer carry batons?

Or what about a taser on the dog?
    Pepper spray works on them fairly well in my limited experience. Also, giving a dog commands that a dog might usually be taught might also have worked and certainly would have been better than what the officer was heard saying in the audio portion of his body cam footage. Telling a dog "Get back" will likely virtually always have the effect it did in this situation which was absolutely nothing. Harshly telling a dog "NO" and "STAY" may have worked a lot better and telling the woman to call it off may have worked as well, if indeed it was her dog. Shooting at a charging dog, evidently with absolutely no apparent regard for who or what else was in the potential path of the bullets was reckless at the least and quite likely will be found to be criminal.

Top Bottom