Join TexasGunTalk

Arm the Staff

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by Charlie, Feb 22, 2018.

1. BillFairbanks

BillFairbanks Active Member

May 8, 2017
    Yeah, I kept getting up in the crossfire. Luckily I got good at dodging bullets.

Seriously, anti-gun proponents have no real rational arguments. They like to point to cherry picked statistics from smaller countries like Australia and England which really have little in common with the US. Mexico is probably a more realistic example of what would happen to the US with stricter gun control.

The facts, the Constitution, and Human Nature are on our side. I think we're winning, the media just does a good job of distorting reality.

2. BillFairbanks

BillFairbanks Active Member

May 8, 2017
    That's pretty much what I do.

Last year, I was about to walk into the dying Ridgmar Mall. I noticed the 30.06 and didn't go in. I did write an email to the mall telling them that I wouldn't go back because I thought "gun free" zones are unsafe. A week later a woman was murdered in the parking lot over a domestic dispute.

I don't know when they took the signs down, but I went there a couple of months ago and noticed they were gone. Not that it really matters because there's nothing in that mall anymore.

I will go in a "gun free" zone if there's adequate armed security though. It'd be interesting if the state could somehow hold the businesses liable for the safety of their patrons if they refuse to let them arm themselves.

3. avvidclif

avvidclif RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Unfortunately student don't have an option to avoid school. Neither do teachers if they want to keep their job.

roberthleeii likes this.
  4. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    And several schools do provide armed security, unfortunately it doesn't seem to matter.

5. diesel1959

diesel1959 por vida Lifetime Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    The requirements to become an armed security guard in Texas are abysmally-low. One could say that police academy training is not enough; however, it involves much more extensive training than is required to be a security guard. Shady, you either understand that or you don't.

6. Shady

Shady Well-Known

Aug 24, 2013
    I guess I don't after seeing how that awesomely trained Deputy and his 4 friends cowered instead of engaging, But hey they did keep it safe in the area the gunman was not in.

7. diesel1959

diesel1959 por vida Lifetime Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    His training didn't determine his cowardice, sir. He decided that all on his own. If you try to paint all LEOs into the corner that Deputy Peterson* (or his compatriots) painted himself into, you're gonna show a lot more of your ass than you'd prefer . . . just saying.

8. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    God knows the bad guys turn around after seeing it's gun free.

9. Shady

Shady Well-Known

Aug 24, 2013
    So if you think I am saying all cops are like that. I guess your statement about armed security means none of them are better than the worst cop ?

10. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I just want to go on record saying that for most part I respect the police and the job they do. It's just a shame that not all departments are created equal.

BRD@66 likes this.