Join TexasGunTalk

Arm the Staff

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by Charlie, Feb 22, 2018.

1. CPTKILLER

CPTKILLER Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Gatesville, TX
    It is a good program in Texas for selective staff in any city. Right now, most Texas schools have lousy security with little will to enhance it.

2. Pops1955

Pops1955 Member

Mar 10, 2015
    All schools should be like those in Israel AND in Argyle Texas.
    082614_guns.jpg

3. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    That is the best solution to the active shooter problem I have seen yet!

4. Joezilla

Joezilla New Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Mesquite, TX
    I was a classroom teacher for 33 years. The last 10 of those I had my LTC. It pained me a lot to have to disarm to go into the building. There was a robbery at the 7-11 across the street from my building one day and the robber exited and drove through our parking lot on his way to wherever he was going. We didn't know about it until afterwards, but I thought, "what if he sought shelter in my building?" I would have had no way to protect anyone. I have been retired for 10 years and never go anywhere without one of my EDC guns. If you have your LTC, you already have the mindset of protection. I am all for allowing the staff at every school in America to be armed......as long as they are willing.

Joe

5. cherok2e

cherok2e Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    I think signs showing armed guards on premises and patrol outside like airports and other venues would deter most if not all school shooters as most are school kids themselves.

6. cherok2e

cherok2e Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    The progressive agenda starting with the political correctness movement was the beginning of the propaganda crusade for childrens indoctrination.

7. karlac

karlac Gone fishin' ... TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    Made much easier in public schools in the early 70's by integrating both the student body and the teacher's at the same time, an action arguably focused more, by progressive thought through affirmative action, on the rights of the teachers, rather than the right of the students for an education.

8. Shady

Shady Well-Known

Aug 24, 2013
    That did not work in Florida where armed police are on every campus.

9. iGun_TX

iGun_TX New Member

Feb 26, 2018
    NW Houston
    I meant like someone inside the classroom. I mean, if I were carrying a gun, and someone burst into a room and started shooting, I'd shoot back.

Hopefully I'd hit them before they got me, but at that point I don't think you have many other options. Nowhere to run or hide, and a crazy man with a gun standing in the doorway firing at everyone inside the classroom, people scattering to avoid bullets, etc..

10. diesel1959

diesel1959 por vida Lifetime Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Hell no--where did you develop that nugget from anything I've said?