Join TexasGunTalk

Arm the Staff

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by Charlie, Feb 22, 2018.

1. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Let me be specific, some school districts in Texas have teachers and administrative staff carrying. Not everyone. But then not every person should...

2. Shady

Shady Well-Known

Aug 24, 2013
    From the same shit pile your comment I thought all cops were like that came from.

3. edgrissom

edgrissom New Member

Mar 18, 2018
    NE Texas
    I was a high school band director in Texas for 34 years. I retired and went to work in a music store. My music store job takes me to 31 schools every week. Most of them I can walk into hallways and never be stopped. A few have locked doors and I have to check in with the front office. Only one is what I would consider secure. It has gates and fencing, one controlled entrance. An armed cop in the office. Schools should at least be as secure as the county court house. Because kids are way more valuable than county judges.

There are so many things we could try to harden the school target. It would be expensive and difficult to do because there are around 100,000 public school campuses in America. But we need to try something. Put police substations at campuses. Assign an active duty military member to each campus. Assign a full time LEO to every campus. Create armed school marshals like the airlines do. And finally, arm some of the school staff. An idea I have is to have a palm print safe under every teachers desk. If a teacher wants to get the LTC and put a gun in the safe they can. Or they can leave it empty. No one will know which is which.

4. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Welcome to the Forum, Ed!

5. unicom

unicom Active Member

May 19, 2016
    We could arm the children.....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

6. unicom

unicom Active Member

May 19, 2016
    Or on a more serious note. We sadly need armed personnel in the schools. The armed personnel could be teaxhers, staff, and/or security staff. There should be one controlled entrance for sure. And I think all none staff and students should have to check in at the main office. I'm even OK with having to ring a bell/buzzer to get in during class times when everyone should already be there. Even if your running late you should have to be let in buy a staff member after a certain time. And as far as armed teachers I like the safe under the desk or concealed carried buy teacher which ever they choose. And God yes train them on basic tactical response of some kind and not just ltc training. We have to protect our kids. I've got nieces and nephews in school and maybe one of my own, if we get to adopt our foster baby. We have to do something. And gun grabbing/banning of any kind isn't the answer. Raising the age to 21 isn't the answer either. Most of the resent shooting could have been possibly stopped if people would have headed the warning signs and if the ones in charge of updating the list of people on the no gun list would actually do there job and not ignore it. The kid in Florida even tried to turn himself in and nothing. Guy gets DISHONORABLE discharge from the navy for domestic violence and nothing. Thus allowing them to pass the background check, that was set up to catch these types of people plus other types not allowed. But again no one did there job to make sure they were at least flagged and required a more extensive look into the background if not denied completely. But now I'm getting into a whole not her topic that Pisces me off.

7. edgrissom

edgrissom New Member

Mar 18, 2018
    NE Texas
    School shooters are crazy, but they're not stupid. They usually plan every detail and pick easy targets. Places where they don't have to plan what to do if they are shot at by the first person they encounter. If there is a chance someone is armed they might move on to another target. In this case, just the presence of armed teachers would be enough to stop the shooter. The guns might never see the light of day.

8. avvidclif

avvidclif RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    How about a big sign at every door. We don't have locked doors, no need, come on in if you want. Just remember we're all armed

9. Wildcat Diva

Wildcat Diva Well-Known

Aug 26, 2016
    No joke. Mine (teenagers) have access to arms at any time... but they are well trained and responsible.

Wombat likes this.
  10. unicom

unicom Active Member

May 19, 2016
    I'm glad to hear that. I think it's good for parents to teach there kids guns aren't bad and how to safely and correctly handle them. And when the parent feals there responsible enough teach the how to properly use a gun. I enjoyed learning from my dad how to shoot and glad he taught me to be safe as well. I had to learn what proper gun safety was before I could even touch one.

Wildcat Diva likes this.