• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    When I lived out in Va the ISD were I was at, the Super of Schools retired at over $200K per year. After looking for a new Super they decided to hire him back at $300k + a Limo that picked him in the am and drove him around all day as needed and took him home at the end of the day and was on duty 24 x 7. This is far from rare.

Often the admin costs for schools far exceeds the teachers pay costs.
    Texas SOT

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Often the admin costs for schools far exceeds the teachers pay costs.

They used to televise the HISD board meetings on local Houston community channel. The board spent their air time discussing their pay, teacher pensions, spending taxpayer money, and little of anything to do with actual education.

Had a daughter in special education at the time, blonde hair and blue eyes. Spent much of my time from K-12 keeping her from getting short changed by upper level, unabashed racist administrators.

Thanks to Texas for having some very strong laws on the books regarding legally mandated special education requirements ... but they still had to be invoked at least once each semester to get them followed. Last six years I just came to the each semester's ARD meeting, with either an attorney, or the threat of one, by adding him to the list of those who would be attending.

Pity the many kids who's parents either didn't care, or didn't have the wherewithal.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Same time?
    LOL not hardly. In my post marriage days which stretched over 20 years I followed my rule of 7's:

7 sec to size her up and decide if I wanted to talk

7 min of talk time to see if we went out

7 hours spent with her on a Sat night to figure if I needed to take her home or tell her I had to go home

7 days of fone and dates to see if it was worth more

7 weeks to see if I got tired of her

7 months, rare, very rare I got that far

Top Bottom