• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Somebody help me out, because I'm not seeing the wonderful logic in placing this decal on your vehicle. To me, this is similar to the Concealed Carry "Badges" that you see from time to time.

I know first hand that any decal referencing guns in any way, simply attracts thieves to your vehicle.

D2.jpg.w180h181.jpg

Thoughts?

Armed Decal.com
    Texas SOT

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I would have to agree that such a sticker would be a bad idea IMO. Part of he point of concealed carry is that it is concealed. A sticker that says "hey I am licensed to carry a gun" is just asking to be targeted in my opinion. I live in Austin and with all the libtards here that would be a serious PITA.

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    I would have to agree that such a sticker would be a bad idea IMO. Part of he point of concealed carry is that it is concealed. A sticker that says "hey I am licensed to carry a gun" is just asking to be targeted in my opinion. I live in Austin and with all the libtards here that would be a serious PITA.

"Libtards" lol awesome

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I'll refer back to the goofy poll that had the choice regarding "show boating".

The guy that used to have the show "Firepower" (MavTV has just enough money to pay for several years old reruns right now), now that's the kind of guy I can see putting something like that on his vehicle. The guy that likes to dress up and play super special ops commando dude.

I just can't believe someone who carry's for the right reasons would put something like that anywhere.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    A guy down that lived two homes down from us had a 'Glock Owner' sticker (or something to that effect) on his Expedition. The first time I saw it, I thought 'what a goon'. Sure enough, a few years later, his house was foreclosed. It just shows a pattern of bad decisions.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I have my Double Action CHL decals on the back of my truck which makes me a target. My truck gets broken into frequently. I've considered having a little decal made up to put on each of my windows saying something like:

There are
    NO GUNS
    in this vehicle,
    but there might
    be one in my hand.
    TURN AROUND

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Some people do not understand discretion. In this day and age, announcing in some manner on your car that you are a gun owner is just inviting a break in on your vehicle.

DeadFishEye

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    This is the reason why I don't have my NRA decal on my car. Not only I'm not crazy about getting robbed or my car vandalized, but would take away the 'element of surprise' for the bad guy when he/she finds out that I AM armed.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    If you hold those stickers up to the light what they really say is...

Shoot me first
    and don't forget to take my keys
    and check my car for free guns

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    Somebody help me out, because I'm not seeing the wonderful logic in placing this decal on your vehicle. To me, this is similar to the Concealed Carry "Badges" that you see from time to time...

I'm in agreement with you. My vehicle is void of all decals that might indicate any political affiliation with anyone. While I'm a proud NRA and USPSA member, such stickers invariably attract unwanted attention to vehicles. And I know a lot of you guys love your RealTree Camo bug deflectors and panel covers but this too has been known to cause thieves to target your vehicles.

Now here's something worth noting for those of us in Houston. HPD has taken to randomly placing "report cards" on vehicles when the auto theft division is making its presence known to thieves. These officers are usually around for only a couple hours at the direction of their captain and an assistant chief to create the illusion of safety for the community at large. Shortly after placing a report card on each vehicle in the area, the officers return to 1200 Travis to process an 18-inch high stack of vehicle burglary and auto theft complaints that will never be investigated unless there was a significant loss (damages or vehicle theft in excess of $40,000) or a dying/dead body at the scene.

What most the moronic captain and asst. chief who came up with this idea don't realize is these "report cards" are NOT a deterrent to thieves. The cards MIGHT remind the vehicle owner to better secure their vehicle but that remains to be seen. One thing it has done for sure is lead to continued complaints that HPD’s responses to the community’s needs are, as usual, poorly planned, poorly executed, and chronically ineffective. As one vehicle owner complained, the cards seemed do little more than give a quick reference as to which cars are worth the thieves’ time. YMMV

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well, one thing I will NOT do is allow a criminal to dictate what I do - so yeah, I have "NRA Life Member" decals on my vehicles. Does it make me a target? Maybe. Then again, I kinda think it's like tossin' corn out for the deer.....

Top Bottom